Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
nbarros's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 5:25 PM

Charged for international text that is never delivered

I have to contact someone in Europe (Portugal) through text. I am aware that most European countries are not part of the GoPhone International texting but I would expect that the text would be delivered and I would be charged for it. As it happens, I did get charged ($0.25) but the texts were never delivered. Is it not possible to send texts at all to countries outside the list? If that is the case, why are you charging for the texts then?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

8 years ago

ATT doesn't guarantee any text will be delivered.  The problem may be with the receivers network.

image.jpeg

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

8 years ago

Don't you know sometime text to overseas network may take up to 72 hours??

Sometime even you text in US to a different network,it may take up to 36 hours??

It has nothing to do with Gophone international texting or not !!

If it is so important,make a voice call or sent an email.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the info!  I learn more each time you post.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately that is not the case. Just to be thorough I tried texting people in different countries (UK, France and Portugal) and this has happened almost 2 weeks ago. 

None of the messages were delivered. 

The point is not whether I can make a voice call or send an email. The point is understanding why I was charged and the delivery was not made, and understanding how reliable is the text messaging system of AT&T.

As it happens, the original message that triggered my question had to be by text, since it was not to a person but to a service. 

But thanks for your input. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.