Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Dibblea620's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, February 22nd, 2016 5:27 PM

BYOP Gophone Cannot log into Account

I recently tried to bring my prepaid verizon phone over to AT&T gophone. For some reason my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime wouldn't read the AT&T Sim card. After a lot of visiting stores and going through countless representatives, I contacted Samsung and they beleive it is just a defect with my phone, so I need to send it in.

In the mean time, I am trying to log into my account on AT&T, but I can't reset my password because it wants to send a temporary password via text message. My phone isn't working, so obviously this isn't an option for me. This process has been nothing but a waste of time and so very frustrating to me. Especially because I think I may have wasted $45+ because I can't even use my plan for at LEAST another 2 weeks after my phone is fixed. 

Is there any way for me to get my password reset without it sending anything to my phone? Can I get an email instead? Is it possible for a refund on my plan because it hasn't even been used yet? (It's been 3 days)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

That phone wont work on ATT...  it only has verizon LTE bands and cdma radios.  It needs GSM radios to work on ATT...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/smartphone-plans/samsung-galaxy-core-prime-in-black+prepaid/

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thats very strange because both Verizon and AT&T told me the phone was compatible when I purchased the phone back in November 2015. I guess that makes sense though since it is only searching for a Verizon SIM card and it won't let me change the access points or network modes.

Still though, multiple people told me it was a global device able to work on other carriers including AT&T. I guess someone lied to make a sale?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.