For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
VIckiBrown's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, August 29th, 2015 1:12 AM

Privacy Manager for Uverse

Before we got U-Verse, we had "Privacy Manager" for our phones. "Privacy Manager is a call screening service that works with Caller ID to identify all incoming calls that have no telephone numbers provided and which are identified as Anonymous, Unavailable, Out-of-Area, or Private".

This was wonderful and much better than what we have now. People who called could press 2 and give their name and we'd have the option of answering. (if caller announces his or her name, your phone will ring and "Privacy Manager" appears on your Caller ID box. You then know that this is a screened call and you have four options in which to handle the call:  

Instead, U-Verse only offers "Anonymous Call Blocking" which simply blocks Anonymous calls (no ability to get through in any way) and lets Unavailable and Out-of-Area calls come through unrestricted. This is both too much and not enough.

I hope that someone from ATT will read this. I would love to have to features improved so that U-Verse voice allows 1) Screening 2) Handling of Unavailable and Out-of-Area calls.

(Please don't anyone syggest we put these Unavailable or Out-of-Area numbers on the blocked number list. ATT only offers 20 blocked numbers; we'd need hundreds to handle these calls).

Dear AT&T - It's 2015. We're still using a landline, but we expect the sort of features cell phone users expect.

I don't EVER want to see calls from Unavailable or Out-of-Area... I don't ever want to seer calls from anyone who doesn;t show me a name in the CID field... unless a human presses the right key and provides their name.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

It would also be nice to know which of our two phone lines received a voice mail message.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I agree with the poster - Why is Privacy Manager or Privacy Director not offered through UVerse - It is 2015!!!

The Call Screening and Call Blocking are either too little or too much.  You already have the software, why not add this to UVerse??

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

9 years ago

I've asked about privacy manager many times since I started with Uverse about a year ago.  It was a really helpful option to me since I work from home and want to know who is calling.   Maybe the new phone upgrade they are doing within the next 45 days will make it possible for us to have that service again.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

9 years ago

I wouldn't count on it.  What phone upgrade within the next 45 days are you talking about?

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

9 years ago

I just got a recorded call today from ATT that they are upgrading U-verse voice for all customers within the next 45 days.  There is a description and faq's about it at:

http://tinyurl.com/ogmpfnc

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

At telephones.att.com, you can get a CL82407 cordless telephone set which features 4 handsets, an answering machine, and a "smart call blocker." This phone will actually allow you to block calls from hundreds of numbers and can be programmed to intercept anonymous calls and out-of-area calls. I have one, and I don't even live in an AT&T home phone area. I have Windstream. Windstream also refuses to provide a service that restricts telemarketing and other "unknown" numbers, so I found that this is the solution to my problem. And I paid less than $100 for my cordless phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.