For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jmac411's profile

Mentor

• 

65 Messages

Tuesday, June 10th, 2014 5:47 AM

Al Jazeera America

Per Bloomberg.com, ATT Uverse and Al Jazeera has settles the carriage lawsuit over ATT refusal to carry Al Jazeera America. The accord will allow Al Jazeera America onto ATT's Uverse pay-tv service.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

I think 189 is correct.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

I bet it's still a few months before it gets added. The lawsuit being dropped may not necessarily mean that terms were agreed to.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Scholar

• 

125 Messages

10 years ago

There was no comment on either side but I hope it was a friendly settlement.

If so, it won't just be SD on 189

They have SD, HD and Mobile/U-Verse App abilities with new contracts. See BeIn Sport. If they add it (hopeful) it will likely be in the 200s and the 1200s with the other news/info networks.

Former Employee

• 

66 Messages

10 years ago

If you Bein, it is already part of the channel line-up.  You can get if you have U450 or with the Sports Package

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

@flutist1963 wrote:

If you Bein, it is already part of the channel line-up.  You can get if you have U450 or with the Sports Package

He was saying that BeIN took so long to add because of mobile rights issues and that hopefully it won't be the same thing this time. 

Scholar

• 

125 Messages

10 years ago

No what I'm saying is that you'll get all of it. The mobile, the HD and the SD. BeIn is Al Jazeera's sister network.

A lot of networks are "In house only" on the mobile app. Al Jazeera you can watch it basically wherever you have an internet connection. 

They're mobile friendly. Time Warner has the HD feed of Al Jazeera America on their app available out of home, and in both SD and HD on the TV. That's the case with most new contracts. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.