Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
Hilflos's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, November 26th, 2015 2:54 AM

Reactivating sbcglobal.net e-mail address

I accidentally deleted my old e-mail account with sbcglobal.net through the AT&T website (I just wanted to unmerge). When I found out, I immediately tried to reverse this but wasn't able to do so.

When I log into the Yahoo mail login a message appears that tells me that my e-mail address can be activated by calling AT&T Yahoo, but when I called they said it isn't possible. Yahoo tells me that they can't do anything because it is an AT&T ID account. The instructions on the Yahoo help page are not working. What can I do? Any help would be appreciated.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

Saddly, once you delete an e-mail on Yahoo (and that includes att accounts) it is gone forever. (and why they ask you to verify twice)

The sort of good news is, the name should be avaiable again, if you want to re-create it.. oh wait.. that is a yahoo domain name, not att.

Sigh.. sorry.. if it was yahoo, you could just make a new one with the exact same name. All the contacts, e-mails, etc. are gone. You'd have to recreate you contact list, as best you can.

BUT, and this is esspecially true if your ATT e-mail is in free status, you can keep what you already have, but if you delete one, it's gone for good.

If you have a primary account, with sub accounts, you can keep what you already had, but can't create any more sub accounts, and if you delete one, its gone for good, and if you delete the primary account, all the subs die with it.

Not what you wanted to hear, I am sure, but, well, honest answers tend to be that way. sorry.

Little known secret, and I only know this as i used to be a system operator... they COULD recover your account from a previous backup they did of all the systems data.

However, that is a bit of a hastle, and they typically not only will not do it, they will not even admit that it can even be done.

I had no point, just sharring information.

P.S.S. I also understand, deleting the account is part of the OLD unmerging instructions.. MAN, I wish there was a static set of F.A.Q.'s available on this site, people could access and have the latest infomration on common issues, instead of having to search, and wind up with outdated information that cause issues like yours.

My condolences.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks so much for the detailed response. You are right, it is not really what I wanted to hear.

I am still a bit surprised that there should ne no way to reactivate the account. I did this through the AT&T site not the Yahoo one. Yahoo also told me that the e-mail is an AT&T identity.

Also, when I try to log in I get information that implies that the e-mail can be reactivated - which is apparently wrong information. When I get in touch either with Yahoo or AT&T both sides say they can't do anything because it is the issue of the other company. Very frustrating.

However, thanks for taking the time to answer my request! I appreciate it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.