For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
PeterLech's profile

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, November 19th, 2015 4:58 AM

Incorrect email address suggestions when I address an email

When I start to enter a name in the address line, several email addresses come up for that person, some of which are obsolete addresses.

I cannot find them in my contact lists to delete them.

Where are they coming from and how do I gt rid of them?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

Found the solution: Yahoo apparently uses something like cookies to record email addresses used, but these do not appear in your contact list. (Bad idea, IMO)

To erase the bad suggestions, when they pop up, click on them and use the delete box to throw them away.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

I have said it over, and over, and guess I'll keep saying it, but the e-mail servers are having "issues".

A fancy way of saying, they ai't working right.

They know it, and are "working on it" whatever that means.

Biggest problem is, differant folks are having seemingly unrelated issues and is hard to pin down an exact cause they can "fix"

Maddning, I know. but that is the nature of intermittant...  sometimes it works, some times it does not. And no telling what will act up next.

And some folks wonder why I do my communicating by g-mail.

They have the reputation for snooping, but at least, it works.

Seriously though, I hope they resolve your issues (and everyone elses) soon)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

where do I go from here

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I THOUGHT THIS SOUNDED TO GOOD TO BE TRUE.  IF I HOVER OVER ONE OF THEM, AN X APPEARS TO THE RIGHT. IF I CLICK ON IT , IT SAYS SUGGESTION PERMANENTLY REMOVED.  BUT, JUST AS I PROCEED AGAIN, IT REAPPEARS.  IF I CLICK ON THE HIGHLIGHTED ADDRESS, THE ADDRESS GOES TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS LINE.  AT NO TIME IS THERE ANYTHING THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO DELETE IT.  THEY DO NOT APPEAR IN MY EMAIL ADDRESS BOOK. PLS ADV...AL

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.