Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: iOS 12 Wifi calling stopped working

Master

iOS 12 Wifi calling stopped working

Upon upgrade to iOS 12 today WIFI calling no longer works.  I checked all the settings and it's configured correctly.  It worked perfectly prior to the upgrade.   The upgrade installed new carrier settings 33.1.   Any tips or is this a bug?

Message 1 of 57
ACE - Expert

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 57
Master

That post is about WIFI not working.  My issue is that phone calls over WIFI i.e. WIFI calling no longer activates. 

Message 3 of 57
Tutor

Same here - lost wi-fi calling, even though it says it's enabled in Settings and the nice people at AT&T say my account is provisioned correctly.

Hoping someone has a fix soon.   This is a great feature I use every day due to poor coverage at my home.

Message 4 of 57
ACE - Expert

@DWC1 The last post in the thread was about WiFi calling: “Apple update iOS 12.0 also caused att Wifi  to stop working. Ignoring and restarting Wifi network,as suggested, worked.” He said “att WiFi” which means WiFi calling.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 57
Master

I tried that but it sadly does not fix the problem.   WIFI calling seem to be disabled by the update to iOS 12

Message 6 of 57
Contributor

Had the same issue with iOS 12 and WiFi calling this morning. Reset network settings then connected to my home WiFi again. After about a minute, AT&T WI-Fi appeared in the status bar again. 

Message 7 of 57
Tutor

I tried that (twice) and unfortunately the only thing left I have not done is restore my iPhone to factory settings and restore it.    Would love to not waste 1/2 my day doing that unless I know for certain that will fix it.

Message 8 of 57
Highlighted
Tutor

I have the same issue. I contacted AT&T and they hadn't heard of the problem yet! Not sure what to do but I suspect it's an AT&T "problem" not an Apple problem.  If you do a full restore and use a backup in the cloud that you have, won't the problem just return?

Message 9 of 57

I have the same problem. I’ve tried everything (including resetting network settings). Still not working. 

Called both at&t and apple care. We looked at every setup and every steps to try...still jot working. 

APple care rep indicated it is a known issue and hoping it would get resolved ‘automatically’. 

This is no good. I am dependent on wifi calling....I don’t get at&t coverage at home. 

Message 10 of 57

I have the same problem. I’ve tried everything (including resetting network settings). Still not working. 

Called both at&t and apple care. We looked at every setup and every steps to try...still jot working. 

APple care rep indicated it is a known issue and hoping it would get resolved ‘automatically’. 

This is no good. I am dependent on wifi calling....I don’t get at&t coverage at home. 

Message 11 of 57
Teacher

I am having same problem on my 7plus and on my wife iphone x after upgrading to ios 12 wifi calling is not working.

Message 12 of 57
Contributor

I turned WiFi calling off then in again, plus updated my E911 address, and it works. 

Message 13 of 57
Master

Tried all of that and no luck for me.  There definitely seems to be a bug in iOS.   It should not have killed wifi calling like this.

Message 14 of 57
ACE - Expert

I think I will hold off on upgrading to iOS 12. @DWC1 What I would try next is set the phone back to factory settings and see if you can activate WiFi calling before restoring the backup.

Message 15 of 57
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support