For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
brissejm23's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 1:27 PM

android update

When is the android 5.0 update coming out. They say they are checking for bugs but that didn't stop them from sending out 4.4 which has caused most of my mobile apps to no longer work. I think it's time to consider a service change if this is how they treat customers, and not to mention some kind of an idea of when they would release it would be nice.

Guru

• 

629 Messages

9 years ago

Which device do you have?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Samsung s5 it worked fine until the update

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

The update is sent from the manufacturer, not AT&T. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

Not true. At least not entirely true.
An AT&T phone has updates pushed by AT&T.

The update comes from manufacturer, to carrier, carrier adds what ever changes needed to work with its software. Then it goes back to the manufacturer to incorporate the carrier software.
Then it goes back to the carrier. If everything looks good, they release to some phones and wait for bug reports.
Which go back to the manufacturer.
This will continue until bugs are worked out and the software can roll out to all phones.

My Note 3 just got 4.4.4 this morning - bug free. Everything seems to work, all functions are where they should be. I'm happy to wait if my updates don't mess up my phone.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Att has the update but they are dragging their feet with it, all other carriers have updated to 5.0 not att.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

9 years ago

AT&T has been notoriously slow in rolling out Android 5.0 Lollipop to its lineup of smartphones, and is the only major U.S. carrier to have not released any Android 5.0 Lollipop updates to any Samsung device on its network.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

If you visit the Verizon forums, yes, lollipop has been rolled out to some Samsung and Lg phones. The problems it has created are pretty bad:
No cellular connection
No wifi connection
Battery drain
Email won't send
Text messages won't send
GPS doesn't work
And that is just a sample of the major bugs.

AT&T can send me the update when it's ready.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/850854
https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/851617
https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/851032

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@TheManLee wrote:

AT&T has been notoriously slow in rolling out Android 5.0 Lollipop to its lineup of smartphones, and is the only major U.S. carrier to have not released any Android 5.0 Lollipop updates to any Samsung device on its network.

note 4 was released today with 5.0.1

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.