For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
IIIIII's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 24th, 2017 7:46 PM

Not able to enable Wi-Fi Calling

I've been trying to activate Wi-Fi Calling on a Note 4 for months now. Each time I've tried to activate the feature, I've gotten the error message below. Which really isn't all that helpful, as it doesn't explain the actual error or the reasons why.

Oops! That wasn't supposed to happen. Give us a minute and we'll get it fixed so you can try again.

IMG_0213.jpg

I've called customer support and Tier 2 support numerous times, and get told there's no network issue present. I'll get a ticket created which gets closed via a text a few days later, with a message saying if I'm still having issues then call them. And thus the cycle repeats itself.

One thing that's always seemed screwy to me is when I try the activation, I get a message saying 'To enable this service you must confirm your emergency address'. When I saw someone else activate Wi-Fi Calling recently they got taken to a page where they could confirm their address, but mine just takes me straight into getting started on the activation.

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

7 years ago

Have you activated advanced calling?

Is this an ATT phone?

Are you on a postpaid account?  (Prepaid cannot use HD voice and wifi calling at this time). 

Is your SIM card form an older device?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the reply.

Have you activated advanced calling? - Yes

Is this an ATT phone? - Yes

Are you on a postpaid account? - Yes

Is your SIM card form an older device? - Possibly, yes. I can't remember what I did when I got this phone. I take it that could be an issue? How would I get a new one - from an AT&T store?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

That was it - I needed a new SIM card. Congratulations, lizdance40, you're officially smarter than all of AT&T's phone support.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Hey thanks buddy i have a similar issue. I think the issue is with my sim which was originally from iphone 5s which does not support wifi calling. I should go to ATT and try to get my sim swapped to get my wifi calling enabled.

as said you are better than most ATT support team. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.