For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
bigstein77's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 12:34 PM

Closed

my phone is adding an extra 1 before phone numbers on text messages

hi i need help with fixing my phone. this problem started today. when some one textes me its comes up with the area code and the 7 didget phone number but it doesnt look like this +1 5** *******. it comes up as +115*********. i try and text to the number but it wont let me so i have to go to my old messages with the person in order to send them a text message. please help this is very frustrating.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Same issue.  Anyone not in my address book gets a +1 in front of the number when they call.  This is an AT&T issue, from what I understand.  My iphone is set correctly, verified by Apple last night.  And I didn't change any settings anyway.

This happened once before a couple of years ago, not sure what AT&T did, but they resolved the issue then.  Now it's back.  I spent an hour on the phone last night, and no resolution.  They blamed Apple, and transferred me to them.

It's not Apple.  So this ticket is still open.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I just transferred over to AT&T from Verizon, I have the same issue.  Strangely, I cleared the "1" from my contacts around 8:30 am, and they worked find fro sending MMS messages; just after noon on the same day, they all revered back to having the +1 in front of the number, but just when text/MMS messaging, so editing the contact record no longer had any impact on the testing number (+1).

The fact that this has been going on for a while, and AT&T's ridiculous "fix" (delete your conversations and start over) is not acceptable, especially since this thing seems to come and go at any time.

Verizon, I'm coming home baby!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I tried the fix described under "resolved", did not work. My problem started when I got an automatic update to my Android software. Resolution: switched to google messenger as my default messaging app

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My phone was adding a +1 to short codes which wouldn't let them send. I called AT&T and they had to deregister my device and add it back to fix the problem. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Good Morning, I have tried all the fixes listed above and I am still having problems with my LG3 phone with it adding a +1 to my text messages. Can you please help me resolve this issue??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Contributor
Good Morning, I have tried all the fixes listed above and I am still having problems with my iPhone SE phone with it adding a +1 to my text messages to non iPhones. Can you please help me resolve this issue??

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What a load of cr**! I have been to AT&T twice and talked with Samsung on the phone for an hour. Everyone acts like they have never heard of this happening. Starting a new thread does not work. For what I pay for a phone and service it should work properly and I should have to try little tricks every time I want to send a message. May be time to dump Samsung and AT&T if they can't get their head out of their backside!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Calls I'm receiving including local area code from unknown numbers are coming in as +1.... always. Difficult to block!!!!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

From what I understand it means the authorities, local, state or federal, are monitoring that text

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Still no reason or explanation by AT&T why they place *1 before some numbers.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.