For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
iMessage log's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, March 20th, 2014 11:27 PM

iMessages removed from AT&T usage report....why???

when updating to new 7 version my AT&T text usage log no longer post iMessage numbers. I would like AT&T or Apple to return this feature. Has anyone experienced this problem?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Hurttomuch wrote:

Is there a way to see a log of imesssges then at all through apple server? What about sent while connected to wifi ?

@Hurttomuch

On the phone is the only way if it was sent by imessage...  Its point to point encrypted. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Hurttomuch wrote:

Is there a way to see a log of imesssges then at all through apple server? What about sent while connected to wifi ?

No. Doesn't matter how you are connected to the internet (still no).

Only on the devices you have connected to iMessage (computers, iPads, iPhones). I thought they were going to add a web interface, but that never happened yet.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I am having the same problem. I noticed the iPhone users do not show up on the text log, which is frustrating. I also notice that the text contents are not available either, supposedly for privacy reasons. If I can see the text contents, so can the AT&T employees and anyone who can view my account.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Lame I am sure this is all available and if a government agency wanted them
they would get them in a flash.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@matesjnv wrote:
Lame I am sure this is all available and if a government agency wanted them
they would get them in a flash.

Not from AT&T they wouldn't, if you read the thread you'd know that AT&T does not have the information.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

No one can see your iMessages...  They are pier to pier encrypted.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I agree. If the government wanted to view the contents of a text message, they will provide it. Apple and AT&T both said that it is for privacy reasons that contents of the text messages are not viewable. Heck, the user and the person they texted with, already are aware of the texts!! so how is this protecting the privacy of both users?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@asianfca wrote:
I agree. If the government wanted to view the contents of a text message, they will provide it. Apple and AT&T both said that it is for privacy reasons that contents of the text messages are not viewable. Heck, the user and the person they texted with, already are aware of the texts!! so how is this protecting the privacy of both users?

If OTHER PEOPLE see it, the people who were conversing would have their privacy violated.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I used to get full reports too. I noticed messsging reports not included when I combined my phone bill with my DirectTv. May have no correlation, but the timing was similar. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

It also is a way for a cheating spouse to cover their tracks. I want to know how to see those records. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.