hotspot mobile Wi- fi

Contributor

hotspot mobile Wi- fi

I dont speak english a well but I want to know if the wifi spot is free.
Message 1 of 8 (4,352 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: hotspot mobile Wi- fi

daniikage,

Welcome to the forum, yes, Wifi is free and will not use any of your data. The only time I can think of when Wifi wouldn't be free is if someone charges for their Wifi service, at a hotel for instance.

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8 (4,329 Views)
Contributor

so if i use it then i wont get charge? whats the difference between the hotspot mobile wifi and the tethering feature?

Message 3 of 8 (4,315 Views)
Former Moderator
Solution
Accepted by topic author daniikage
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

daniikage,

Yes, wifi is free and you will not be charged. I have included a link below to ATT's website explaining tethering. You will need a plan that includes tethering to use this feature.

A Wifi hotspot, an example being Starbucks, offers wireless for it's customers, tethering turns YOUR phone into it's own hotspot, as mentioned before this feature needs an additional plan.

An overview of device tethering

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8 (4,314 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

thank you very very much. i got it!

Message 5 of 8 (4,299 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

The mobile phone number [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information] have lost the right to use her phone to use hotspots. What is the problem and what can I do to solve the problem?

Message 6 of 8 (70 Views)
Contributor

When will you send me the answer about my cellphone hotspots for 901 497 2291
Message 7 of 8 (64 Views)
Contributor

I'm having a problem with my cellphone number 9014972291 to be used in a areas where I need to use hotspots 

Message 8 of 8 (62 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.