For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Cynsnow's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, August 29th, 2016 1:22 AM

Where is my service

I am traveling to different locations in Arkansas and Louisians. 35% of the time I do not have service. My family and I cannot keep in touch. When I do have service usually it is one dot and it takes forever for anything to download which is using up my data time. Is there anything out there that I can use to strengthen my service. I have friends who are all switching to Verizon.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Cynsnow Data is not billed by time, it's billed by the amount of data you download.

Are other AT&T people having problems in the same area? (Or could it be your phone?)

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Okay I appreciate your answer. So since I cannot download anything with no service in so many areas that I am traveling in I should just reduce data on my account and sign up with another company. We pay $250 a month for iPhone and service and 1/3 of the time our phones cannot be used.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Cynsnow Check the other companies if no one has coverage there then there is no point in switching.  Coverage maps are usually pretty generous in what they say they cover.  Do the AT&T maps say they have good coverage where you're having problems?

Ask the people around where you're having problems what company they use. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Cynsnow wrote:
Okay I appreciate your answer. So since I cannot download anything with no service in so many areas that I am traveling in I should just reduce data on my account and sign up with another company. We pay $250 a month for iPhone and service and 1/3 of the time our phones cannot be used.

Absolutely. You should choose the wireless carrier that provides the service you need when and where you need it and if ATT is not providing it, you should absolutely look at other providers. My question would be has it always been this way or is this just recent? There could stil be issues from the recent flooding. I can't speak for Loiusiana but I drove across Arkansas in June and had great coverage. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Omg...did you not realize that Louisiana has had one of the worst flooding disasters in history just in the past couple of weeks? AT&T mobile service was definitely affected. I'm not sure what the status is now, but I'd be willing to be that your "no service" may have been due to ongoing complications from this disaster.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I have and people with Verizon are having no problem. AT&T customers are.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I have and people with Verizon are having no problem. AT&T customers are.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Yes I know about the flooding in Louisiana. I am from Central Louisiana and RV often in Holden La where there is no or very little AT&T service. I have found in the last year that I get less and less service with the company. I was with Cingular and AT&T bought them out or merged with them. We traveled all over the west and had wonderful service. What is happening with the company and service.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Yes I know about the flooding in Louisiana. I am from Central Louisiana and RV often in Holden La where there is no or very little AT&T service. I have found in the last year that I get less and less service with the company. I was with Cingular and AT&T bought them out or merged with them. We traveled all over the west and had wonderful service. What is happening with the company and service.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.