For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
edvfd911's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, March 21st, 2016 10:54 PM

Unlimited Data Plan After 22 Gigs usage?

So I have the Unlimited Data Plan, I'm well aware that after 22 Gigs of usage throttling can occur during peak or congested times. I am well over 22 Gigs, on 2 of my phones. However, there are times, when I cannot even connect to the internet, can't make calls or text, can't use any mobile data at all. It says it's not connected to a network. I'm assuming cell network, if I restart the phone or wait for about 10 minutes eventually it will work again. I also get a DNS error when trying to access the internet. Now I understand throttling, but this isn't throttling, this is denying service. It's not "Unlimited" if I can't use any data, on a very frequent basis. Am I mistaken or wasn't AT&T, along with 3 other major carriers sued over this exact issue a few years ago and lost? Do I need to contact AT&T support? Has anyone else ran into this issue? The 2 phones are, which I've never had an issue with when I was on the 15 Gig Shared Data Plan, Samsung Galaxy S6 Active, and Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I too am having this problem. I'm not even over the 22gb limit and experiencing the same issues. I've had at&t for 12 years and this is the first trouble I've had. Used to be on the 30gb plan and it worked flawlessly. Switched to unlimited to save a few bucks and my service only works about 50% of the time. Get "network communication issues" messages all day long. Called customer service several times and they are just blowing me off now. Telling me to reboot my phone and they'll call me back, but they never do. BTW, I'm having this issue across 4 lines so no way it's my phone (and I'm not over 22gb even if you add usage for all 4 lines). At&t has an issue, but they don't want to admit it. All I have left to do is head to Verizon and buy a bunch of new phones. Which sucks but I'm not paying $180/month for service that doesn't work. By my math, at&t is giving up almost $22,000 in revenue from me over the next 10 years-- good job at&t.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Jibberjabb

Yours is the first complaint Of speed problems before or after the 22 gig mark.   I would suspect your account is not provisioned correctly.  

The last idea I have is call 611 and ask for advanced tech support.   If they can't fix it, you have to consider switching.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Jibberjabb wrote:
I too am having this problem. I'm not even over the 22gb limit and experiencing the same issues. I've had at&t for 12 years and this is the first trouble I've had. Used to be on the 30gb plan and it worked flawlessly. Switched to unlimited to save a few bucks and my service only works about 50% of the time. Get "network communication issues" messages all day long. Called customer service several times and they are just blowing me off now. Telling me to reboot my phone and they'll call me back, but they never do. BTW, I'm having this issue across 4 lines so no way it's my phone (and I'm not over 22gb even if you add usage for all 4 lines). 

Which unlimited plan CHOICE or PLUS?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Me too! I'm so fed up with att gophone I'm ready to give up and switch to T-Mobile . I've been a loyal customer with att for a year and I always have issues with my data. I can barely surf the internet let alone stream videos I switched to the 65.00 monthly plan of 22 gigs of data and I'm still not able to use the internet .

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

@snowbunny718  The $65 plan is also limited speed.  In order to get full speed, you need the postpaid unlimited plus plan.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I've had the same slow or no connection problem, sometimes even before I reach my data limit.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I've had the same slow or no connection problem, sometimes even before I reach my data limit.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Richard77 wrote:

Which plan do you have? (Get the exact name off of your bill)

What is your "data limit"?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have a gophone prepaid. I'm on the 65.00 plan that supposed to include 22 gigs of high speed data but my data does not work .

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@snowbunny718 wrote:
I have a gophone prepaid. I'm on the 65.00 plan that supposed to include 22 gigs of high speed data but my data does not work .

The current GoPhone unlimited plan is not as high speed as the other plans, it's limited to 3Mbps.

See footnote 2 at https://www.att.com/gophone/plans.html

(You might be on something older?)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.