For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
nyanyan's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 20th, 2017 2:02 PM

Unlimited Choice Plan

I am considering moving over to this plan and wondered what everyone's experience with this plan was. I was confused in regards to the slower speed, is it just slower speed overall or slower speed after you hit the 22GB? I am currently on the 3GB Plan which is no longer available and wondered if the experience would be different if I switched.

I am not interested in the hotspot feature and am aware that this plan does not include it.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

The 3 mbps speed restriction (1.5 mbps for video) is all the time. Speeds after 22GB could even get slower but I've never seen anyone say that happened to them. I do not have the plan so I can't provide any personal experience. I have not seen anyone actually with the plan comment either positively or negatively on that speed restriction. I guess it really depends on your data usage habits and what kind of speeds do you get now. If all you get is 5-6 mbps most of the time, you may not even notice a drop to 3 mbps but if your phone normally gets 20-30 mbps, that drop to 3 mbps might be very noticeable. Then again, if you use apps that tend to update in the background and you don't have to wait, again you might not even notice the difference.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.