For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
hal-9000's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 2:08 PM

Send and receive SMS as MMS

Just upgraded from feature phones to smartphones.  The cost is a bit more that I had anticipated so I'm looking for ways to get the bill smaller.  We have a combination of Andriod and Iphones now.  Is there anyway to recieve SMS as MMS on these phones?  If there was then I might be able to save some money by getting rid of the messaging plan.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@hal-9000 wrote:

I guess I'm just misunderstanding what it all means.  Notwithstanding my online name which is only because I like the movie - can I get rid of messaging if I have a data plan?  Will text messaging automatically come over the data plan or will I start being billed on a pay as you go text plan?

text messages - mms or sms will be billed as text messages. If you use a iphone with Imessage and you send to another iphone that has imessage it is data, if the receiving person does not have a iphone or it cannot be delivered it will go as a text message unless you have the option turned off - then they don;t get it at all.

Scholar

• 

250 Messages

12 years ago

SMS and MMS are both billed under the messaging plan. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

I guess I'm just misunderstanding what it all means.  Notwithstanding my online name which is only because I like the movie - can I get rid of messaging if I have a data plan?  Will text messaging automatically come over the data plan or will I start being billed on a pay as you go text plan?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks - I appreciate the help. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.