For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Zacronious's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 13th, 2018 7:10 PM

iPhone not receiving group texts

I am able to send text in a group messages but I can’t receive them unless I restart my phone. Then they all come in at one time. I have iPhone X with the newest update 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just spoke to ATT about not receiving group texts. They are aware of the problem which started on Feb 13, but have no idea when it will be fixed or whether we will eventually get all the texts if they ever do fix it.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

As I am having the problem with all SMS/MMS messages not just group texts (now) and the group text issue started about a week before that, I am tempted to call back and see what a 3rd rep has to say.    

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I’ve been having the same problem for months! After several calls with AT&T I went into the store and they told me it was probably just my phone and to go to Apple. I explained to them that even if it was my phone, my messages would still be delivered to my Mac and my iPad. They said it must be a problem with my Apple ID then. I went to Apple and they told me the Apple ID has nothing to do with this problem. AT&T ended up giving me a new sim card and that fixed the problem, FINALLY. But now, about a month later with my new SIM card, I’ve been added to a new group chat and I am not getting messages again. The only other person having the same problem is the other person who has both an IPhone and AT&T. Verizon iPhone users have no problem! AT&T is the problem here and it’s very frustrating that they 1) are not acknowledging this issue and 2) trying to blame other entities for the problem rather than working towards a solution. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I’ve been having the same problem for months! It did not start last week. After several calls with AT&T I went into the store and they told me it was probably just my phone and to go to Apple. I explained to them that even if it was my phone, my messages would still be delivered to my Mac and my iPad. They said it must be a problem with my Apple ID then. I went to Apple and they told me the Apple ID has nothing to do with this problem. AT&T ended up giving me a new sim card and that fixed the problem, FINALLY. But now, about a month later with my new SIM card, I’ve been added to a new group chat and I am not getting messages again. The only other person having the same problem is the other person who has both an IPhone and AT&T. Verizon iPhone users have no problem! AT&T is the problem here and it’s very frustrating that they 1) are not acknowledging this issue and 2) trying to blame other entities for the problem rather than working towards a solution. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

I have been having the same issue.  just this morning I received over 20 texts.  They were all 2 to 3 days old.  Help fix AT&T

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am also having this same issue.  It used to happen all the time with my iphone 6plus, but was pretty good on the new XR, until the last couple days its been really bad

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T is not willing to admit they have a problem to fix.   I spent another 45 minutes on the phone with yet another rep to learn that 1) they know about this problem, 2) they don’t know when or if it will be fixed and 3) I should contact Apple as it is an Apple problem.    After an hour on the phone with Apple and factory resetting my phone, the problem still exists.   The inability to change certain settings under cellular confirmed to the Apple rep this is an AT&T problem.   I concur as no one I know on Verizon is having this issue.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same issues as people have stated earlier. I am not receiving messages, receiving some but not all, or the distant end is receiving them extremely delayed. Some messages get through, some dont. This is not an IPHONE ISSUE this is an AT&T issue! I am in a group chat with a Android with TMobile, Iphone with Verizon, and Me (Iphone with AT&T). I am the only one having issues. 

I have tried resetting my network settings, restarting phone, completely resetting my Iphone, deleting the group chat, deleting the numbers, turing on/off IMessage, etc.. Nothing has worked.

AT&T Please look into this issue as it is very frustrating.

V/R

Paying Customer

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem for over a year now. Bought a new iPhone XR and hasn’t been giving me issues until a couple days ago. Stayed on the phone with ATT for over an hour and they insist it is an iPhone issue not them. Well I call Apple and stay on the phone with them for 2 hours. Even factory reset my phone. It worked for about 36 hours and now back to not getting anything! Frustrating 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I had the same exact experience Jess18548 - a factory reset got me not quite 2 days of functionality and now it does not work at all.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.