Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I get unlimited data plan with Hot Spot on Phone?

Highlighted
Contributor

How do I get unlimited data plan with Hot Spot on Phone?

I don't have cable or any type of TV in my home. I only access my internet through my Hot Spot connection. ALL of my internet is through my phone/Hot Spot. I keep bumping up against my data usage limit each month, which is currently 20GB. (Occassionally, my rollover helps me out with overage.) To my point, I am at 2GB left, with 12 days to go this month! Is there anything available for me to keep my Hot Spot and my plan just like it is (No TV, etc.) and just bump up my plan to unlimited data?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Sage

Re: How do I get unlimited data plan with Hot Spot on Phone?

ATT no longer allows mobile hotspots on the unlimited data plans.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jaxdavis
‎01-13-2018 6:52 AM

Unfortunately, no. You are limited to 10 GB of hotspot usage on your phone and as noted above, you can no longer add a hotspot device to the unlimited plan. You can bump up your plan to a higher data amount, though. However, if you are on a grandfathered Mobile Share Value plan, once you change, you can’t change back.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

THANK YOU! Answered my question!!!

Message 4 of 8
ACE - Sage

@rjniles

Using her existing devices as hotspots is included free with her plan.  Her problem is she is maxing out her data plan.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 8
Contributor

can i get a new phone

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

I want hotspot on my phone and still have unlimited everything 

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Sage

@Mkrohn wrote:

I want hotspot on my phone and still have unlimited everything 

There is 10 or 15 gigs of hotspot on the more expensive unlimited plans 

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support