For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Wanie44's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 4:08 AM

Grandfathering my unlimited data plan

When I get a new iPhone 6, how can I make sure I still keep my unlimited data plan that I've had since the first iPhone came out?
I have it on my iPad as well.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

When I pre ordered my iphone 6 tonight the confirmation page showed that my unlimited data had been removed automatically. It didn't ask about changing my plan, it was a default that my unlimited plan since 2007 was automatically removed. WT*?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Same here!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I had the exact same thing happen to me. No option to choose which data plan, and it automatically takes me off unlmited data anyway, AND only tells me in small text on the order confirmation page that I don't have it anymore.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I cannot pre-order the iPhone 6 w my current unlimited data plan:

There was a problem with your request.

We're sorry, but we are experiencing a temporary system error that prevents us from processing your upgrade online. For assistance, please call customer service at 1-888-867-4384.
(P1073)

This is ridiculous. I should be able to still have my unlimited data plan, and be grandfathered in when I order the iPhone 6.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I had the same thing happen to me (sliding in the removal of my unlimited data plan on the confirmation).  Guess it'll be a call to customer service in a few hours when they open up.  If anyone gets a resolution, please post it here!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

They removed my messaging package and gave me a message about moving me to a Mobile Share Value plan once my new phone arrives. I chatted with ATT online and this is what I was told:

9-12-2014 4.21.55 AM.png

We'll see what happens in the morning, but I hope this helps others.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Will I still have the option to keep my unlimited data with a next 12 mo plan when upgrading to iPhone 6?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

ATT web site did not offer me the older plans (like 3GB/mo) that I have to select for my son's phone to keep my unlimited data plan.  The web site offered only Family Share plans.

I bailed.

The Apple site, however, gave me all the choices.  I upgraded using Apple's site. (see below).

I will visit the store to set up my upgrade as I want to trade in my iPhone 5 (for $200).  That can be dome only at the stores, apparently.

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

samething happened to me...Ordered my iphone 6 at 3:20 am eastern received a confirmation sayong that my unlimited data plan was removed (the only reason why i stayed with at & t this long) i tried to call customer service right away but it was closed until 7 am. know ing that i wasnt going to sleep i put my alarm on for 6:50 am thinking id 1st call then go down to my local AT & T store.

called customer service at 7 got a representative at 7:15am. To my amazement after explaining my situation the lady understood where I was coming from and within 10 min i had a case and confirmation number texted to me and was assured that my unlmited plan would be returned!

photo 2.PNGphoto 2.PNG

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Does anyone know what the "unlimited messaging enterprise plan" is?  how is it different from the "unlimited messaging" plan?

If our data plan says "unminited $30/mo" that is our grandfathered plan correct?  I am ordering from the Apple website.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.