For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
lizb3th's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 28th, 2016 10:52 AM

Free Mexico & Canada roaming packages

does anyone know how to add free Mexico and Canada (North America) roaming packages into a grandfathered wireless plan? I tried in my account; called a rep in retentions; he tried to push through the appropriate codes for each country, but they didn't go through. Others have gotten it, so I know they're available. Please help!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

I've never heard of anyone on a grandfathered plan getting either. I do not believe it is possible. 

Scholar

• 

323 Messages

8 years ago

I got it in my 20gb plan. Not sure if that's Grandfathered or not.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@RansZ28 wrote:
I got it in my 20gb plan. Not sure if that's Grandfathered or not.

No, not grandfathered. That is a current plan. I presume the OP is talking about a grandfathered minute plan such as Family Talk. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

I've never seen anyone mention that had it with a minute plan... Time for a mobile share plan 🙂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I've been on the unlimited data plan for so long,I'm hesitant to change to a mobile share plan, especially since my 2 boys have family lines under the same account. The agent suggested I switch to a 30GB share plan; she said last month we averaged 23.8GBs, but I thought she was only talking about two (2) people & not three (3). What are the advantages, if any, of a mobile share plan, 'cause once I give up my plan, I cannot get it back. Thanks

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

8 years ago

@lizb3th

i suggest you do a ton of math, and look at the highest months use you have had in the past year.  Then consider the pro and con.

Mobile Share pro:

Tethering is allowed.

Shared data pool allows those who use little and those who use a lot to balance each other out.

Access to current offers, like the free roaming plans

Unlimited talk and text.

Other included options that are an extra charge on old plans (VVM comes to mind)

Not everyone has to change their plan.

Cons:

You do have a limited amount of data and risk overage, or having to get a larger plan.

You can't go back.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

If you call (and ask for retention) you can probably get 30GB for $130 and $15 a line ($175 total).

If you've got an $70 plan, $20 texting and $35 data per line, plus a $10 a month line charge, you're near $225 (subtract or add if you have a cheaper/higher minute plan).

The other benefit is if you have a FAN discount on the old plan it'd be applied to the $70 and in the new plan it'd be applied to the $130 portion.  If you have a 16% discount, that's $20-ish.

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.