For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Bazooka's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 10th, 2018 6:44 AM

Excessive Usage

A couple of months after I paid off my phone and my bill dropped from $85 to $55, my bills suddenly shot up an extra $50 with ATT claiming I was going over my usage.  I got the notice I went over in July, then started getting notices at the end of July that I had already almost used up all of my August data. 

I have never gone over before.  I have had extra data rolled over to the following month.   I got ATT to narrow down the days of this extreme usage to July 27 and August 3rd.  So on those each one of those 2 days I used over a gb...on each day.  Really?  

Finally, ATT gave me a $50 refund.  And guess what I received today, a text from Att stating my new bill is $155!  Here we go again.  My phone use has not changed.  They are definitely jacking people around to force them to purchase more costly plans.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

This is like saying “the bank says I’m overdrawn’, but you haven’t looked to see if you wrote checks that exceeded your balance.  

How much data does the phone say it used?   Phones keep an independent meter of data use.  If that meter says it used the same as ATT, then it did.  

Iphone and android differ in that iPhones don’t keep the meter by bill cycle, android does.  Androids can be set to count its use by your bill cycle.  iPhones must be reset at the start of each new bill cycle manually.  

78D7FB09-75A4-43F2-A4AD-9AD170BE4DAA.jpeg9BC36B94-BA3B-4E93-B30A-55EB55D058F3.jpegB6B15D6C-F997-4FE8-B411-B9DF9EEC4F38.jpeg61BFC131-D3C9-41FC-B77D-7CB02B5070B9.png8B063AFF-F614-498A-A7E1-B6B4A11995B1.png

5 Attachments

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Btw, the new plans have no overage, and would be cheaper, so your conspiracy theory doesn’t wash.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Bazooka You may not have changed your usage but your phone likely has. App and OS updates can make a difference. As suggested above, your phone keeps data use records. If you used the data, your phone will show it. We have seen many people say they could not have used the data, rarey does that prove to be the case.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.