For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Callie33021's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, December 14th, 2017 4:52 PM

Excessive Data Usage on New iPhone 8

Why would I end up using so much data in one week with my new iPhone while observing same Internet habits as before when I owned a much older IPhone? In particular, the category Browsing and Technology shows high data usage. I understand Browsing but what constitutes Technology?

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Unsatisfied2018

You know I do not work for at&t right? All employees are labeled as such. Can't terminate somebody who doesn't work for them. 

"I know exactly what I am doing and
this problem will be solved one way or another and without your moronic
input. " You have a phone e that you have repeatedly said is not working properly, but also argued repeatedly that it's not the phone and it's working ok. You have flipped flopped to avoid actually fixing the problem with a warranty. Call me names all you want, I told you how to fix this long ago but instead of fixing it, you choose to believe that there's a massive collusion against you by the largest companies in the world. Right.... You also haven't figured out you are talking to other customers here. It's a COMMUNITY forum, meaning customer to customer. You started the name calling of other customers here, throwing the first insult, and yet you believe I should be terminated. Since you know exactly what's going on I suspect you mean at

&T should fire me as a customer

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Unsatisfied2018

Oh good GRIEF!   This is the community...like the big letter say.  No one responding is an employee.  Geesh.  At least read ..

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

So your joy in life is to spend time on a AT&T message board chastising
people seeking help for not reading contacts between AT&T and Apple.
What makes you qualified to do so?
Why are you wasting my time telling me things I already know.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

If you knew stuff you wouldn’t have bothered here, but gone straight to Apple in the first place.  We are qualified because we read and know how to use google.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Oh drop it with you already know everything. You thought I was ab employee, you thought the phone wasn't faulty at the same time admitting it's faulty, you thought at&t should replace your phone when you've signed that you agreed apple will do it. If you already know all of it, why come here to throw insults and argue about it. 

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

I never thought the phone was replaced. You need to improve your reading
comprehension before making comments. It is difficult to take you
seriously and, quite frankly a wast of my time to respond to you.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Unsatisfied2018 wrote:
I never thought the phone was replaced. You need to improve your reading
comprehension before making comments. It is difficult to take you
seriously and, quite frankly a wast of my time to respond to you.

That’s not what was written...  

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Unsatisfied2018 I literally never said the phone was replaced. You were saying something about reading comprehension?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40  I want to thank you for your explanation. While I have used considerably more than @Callie33021 has used on her new phone the explanation you give does shed light on my very similar question that I could find an answer to nowhere else online. I recently upgraded from a Note5 to an S10+ . with the note5 I had 8GB on pay as you go plan... now on month to month with 9GB limit. I would have went over by 1.5 but had rollovers from before upgrade so I guess I got lucky. 🙂

When I got my bill I was like "what is considered Technology (60% of my data)"

I also assume that updates and phone maintenence apps would be "technology"? IDK  but I do know that I will be keeping a better eye on it this month so as to not go over. That means no more podcast while in traffic...darn it!

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Peace

HCK

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

@Unsatisfied2018  Did you finally figure out that you were not chatting with employees on this thread? I do see it has been over a year since this post was created and commented on by all who did comment before I commented today, but that does not negate the fact that there are Community Forum Guidelines, just as there are in any similar forum. One Guide line in particular is to "Keep it Courteous"   I do believe that you were naive to the whole Forum process and ways and did not intend to be rude, but in a couple of your replies I gotta say, I read them as such. I too have had a hard time learning the ways of this sort of platform. In a previous reply in this thread you told one of the people replying in this thread to "stop sending me emails"  when in fact, the emails were being sent via the settings you have on your profile as a community member (top right of screen, little person icon for profile settings). If you have not yet figured all this out (because it has been a year, so you probably have by now) I sure do hope its getting at least a little better for you.

I will leave a link to the "Community Forum Guidelines" at the end of this reply. There is all kinds of stuff in there that I am just reading and learning about. It is nice to be in the know! haha!

I do hope you and your daughter figured out your data issues and she has been able to enjoy the phone without any issues.

as promised, link to Community Forum Guidelines: https://www.att.com/legal/terms.forumguidelines.html

Peace

HippieChickKim (an old school "Newby") 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.