For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Rhiwythal's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, September 1st, 2017 11:57 PM

Directv app using my data, not supposed to

Why is this app consuming data? It's supposed to be data free. I have directv and AT&T services. My high speed data is completely used up with me knowing. It's supposed to be data free viewing. What gives? This whole directv AT&T venture is fraudulent.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the reply.

My data is not being credited back. I have 25 pages printed out now trying
to figure out what tech support should be doing.

Besides, that would be a lousy plan anyway. Oh you can watch 1.5 hours of
TV a day and then you have to wait until your data is credited back for the
next day? That would be a nice bullet point on the promotion.

This app should not be using data. I see where the sponsored data is
working but what is using the three gigs in one day? I removed the app and
will reinstall and then I will track it like a hawk and see what is using
what.

Once I can gather more information, I will post it here and see what you
might think.

tom

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Read the usage report codes....

Are you seeing the BTV130 code?

F3A7C483-4E9C-4C28-97A5-601BEE519C99.jpegA0DA2B2C-10FC-4142-9365-4F42CFAB3083.jpegE2500277-206B-47CF-95E6-6055A7F274EC.jpeg

3 Attachments

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Same problem here. I used to dial *data# from my phone and it would shoot a text back with my total data usage. I could watch directv from the app for hours then go back and check *data# again and It would show 0 increase in my data usage. Now I dial *data# and watch tv for about 10 minutes, dial *data# again and it shows I’ve used almost half a GB of my data. For some reason ATT is not picking up the fact I’m streaming from the directv app and is counting as normal data usage.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@AaronInAK

According to AT&T, sponsored data is supposed to be credited back daily.  This was how it was worded from day one.  

In the first year that’s not how it worked - I don’t think it was counted at all.  

Now it appears to be counted against the plan, THEN credited back later.   For a customer on a small data plan with a data cap, it’s a nuisance, and becomes restrictive.  

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the reply Lizdance40 however I am not being credited any data back. I’m closely monitoring the reported data multiple times per day. And it is only increasing, not decreasing. If I’ve used a few GB watching DirecTV in a day, and only maybe a couple hundred MB elsewhere (which is typical daily activity for me) then I should notice a good reduction or “credit” in the following days, but that is not happening. My usage skyrockets and never comes down. And this only started a few days ago. Did AT&T just announce a few days ago that this change was taking effect? I’m going to visit a local store in person today and will report back.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Get the update that seems to have solved a lot... Still watching it close
but I watched four hours last night and only used 200k of data......for the
month.

Before the update I'd be shut down after an hour and a half with no data
left

##- Please type your reply above this line -#

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@AaronInAK

There is no change in policy.  But it might be the problem I’ve seen in my reports.  Dig into your usage reports.   What sort of data codes are you seeing?  You can see in my earlier post the codes BTC130 should be sponsored, but isn’t.  

I had to put in a ticket to complain.   Both times the error was corrected, data added back.  But it took 6 weeks.  

Im very careful not to leave my guide up as I believe that’s part of the problem. 

My most recent complaint was never answered.  At least not correctly.  I got a reply for another customers ticket and none for my own.  (March bill)

April bill was okay.  So far nothing amiss with May.   My hope is there was a problem that is corrected.

All I can suggest is keep complaining. 

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

TJSVRS, I tried that but did not help unfortunately. Making the trip in to a local store today to see what they can find.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@AaronInAK  I would bother the stores.  Call and ask for advanced tech support 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Lol my local store told me I should upgrade to the unlimited data plan....ummm and said I could watch TV via my wireless network on my computer..lol. I said how with no internet....2nd time I told them that..

Said they can't help me...do not have the tools. Call the 800 number.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.