For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Iamamom23's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 3:58 AM

Cannot send pictures in Messages from ZTE Maven to iPhone4S

My daughter has a new ZTE Maven (not on prepaid).  She cannot send pictures she has taken to  an iPhone.  She has tried to send to my 4S and to a friends 5.  It just keeps saying it is sending, but never does.  I was able to send a picture from my 4S to her Maven, but it took well over 30 minutes to do so.  We were both connected to wifi at the time.  Could it be some settings are incorrect?  If so, what should the settings be for the Maven?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @Iamamom23 Thank you for posting!

Does her phone also have cellular data enabled? I also recommend checking iPhone's settings under messaging to make sure it can send and receive sms and mms messages and not only iMessage.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM  Yes, the Maven has cellular data enabled and wifi is turned on.  The iPhone is set to receive iMessage, SMS, and MMS.  Another attempt at sending a photo from the Maven to the iPhone last night (after I posted the message to the board) resulted in the picture being sent but it took 20 minutes to do so.

Do the Android phones ONLY use cellular data, and not wifi, to send pictures through text messaging?  If so, that is a bust for both daughters new Android phones.  We live in a city and can barely get 2 bars of signal strength in our home from AT&T's service.  Friends with Verizon can get full signal strength in our home.  We are accustomed to iPhones and not Android devices, so this is a learning curve.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Iamamom23 wrote:

Do the Android phones ONLY use cellular data, and not wifi, to send pictures through text messaging?  If so, that is a bust for both daughters new Android phones.  We live in a city and can barely get 2 bars of signal strength in our home from AT&T's service.  Friends with Verizon can get full signal strength in our home.  We are accustomed to iPhones and not Android devices, so this is a learning curve.

It is not specific to android phones. MMS messages are only sent and received over cellular data, not wifi. When your iphone sends or receives an MMS message (not an iMessage), it is over cellular data.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

We have never had issues sending pictures through iMessage between our iPhones, and not being familiar with Android devices I assumed there would be no issues texting pictures between the two different devices.  Is there anything we can do to improve the Android to iPhone text function when sending pictures in messages.  Since our AT&T signal strength is so low here I'm guessing that we will never have quick send/receive times from Android to iPhone with the settings the way they are.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.