For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
psyccho247's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 27th, 2016 3:55 AM

modem replacement

my att modem motorola V510 or something similar to that,stopped working. no power at all and the power cord won't work either. i had an older modem the exact same model and i had recently moved and couldn't find the modem i had been using at first so the installer said the older one would work it just had to update first. i then found the other modem so we just hooked it up instead. i thought since the other modem was now RIP i would hook up the older one and just try to update it. i have had absolutely no luck at all. i have tried everything but it keeps saying it has a problem and at most i can only get 3 lights working. any ideas short of just calling att and getting a new modem?

thank you

Scholar

• 

178 Messages

8 years ago

Sometimes the power adapter goes bad so try a different power adapter. That's what possibly happened to the other one that doesn't turn on, try a different power adapter and let us know if that helps.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I tried the adapter from the other modem but still nothing.. It would power the other one but the one I had been using still no power.

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

@psyccho247 you have to be careful with swapping power supplies like that not all modems have the same power requirements. You could potentially fry a good modem with incorrect power supply that supplies too much power or could make a good modem not work properly with a power supply that under powers the modem. I would compare the 2, hopefully there was no damage done to a potentially good modem. But as stated above, if you are paying the monthly $7 fee then just call up and get a new one. 1.800.288.2020

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.