For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
CameoKeith's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 20th, 2016 2:18 AM

When will the "NO SIGNAL" issue be fixed, with the Blackberry Priv (Marshmallow update) & AT&T???

Is the "NO SIGNAL" issue with the Blackberry Priv (after the Marshmallow update) something that is just an Blackberry issue, which just Blackberry attempting to fix, or is AT&T working with Blackberry in the process? Contacted Blackberry troubleshooting, and they don't have a clue as to when the issue will be resolved, even though it's a "high priority" issue. The "NO Signal" issue is just happening between the Priv and AT&T. If I were to switch to another carrier (to the "other" guys, not to mention any names here) the phone would work fine (so I've been told) even with the Marshmallow update. Like I said, it's just an Blackberry/AT&T issue. So, again, I'm asking, is AT&T working with Blackberry on this issue? And, does AT&T have an estimate as to when the issue will be fixed (I ask, because Blackberry doesn't seem to have a clue as to how long before the issue is resolved)???

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@kingrob2 wrote:
He said the OS acts like a driver. Why else can I go from 5 bars to NO SERVICE without moving an inch? Are the cells dropping off line and back on? Once in a while a reboot helps for a while.

@kingrob2

api's are drivers not the os.

Your phone could be cycling the cell radio on and off for some reason.  I am not saying there isnt a problem with the modem stack I think there is but that is on BB and ATT to fix not google.  BB is new to android and they have had some stumbles.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

It only started when the new software update came in. It is said to happen only on blackberry PRIV phones on the AT&T network.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I'm having the same problem with my new Blackberry PRIV. I noticed the AT&T celluar signal drops frequently to no signal to 1-2 bars and then jump up when driving a few hundred feet or longer with  Android 6.0.1 (Marshmellow). It is very frsutarting.

I had a Blackberry Z-10 (AT&T) and had no celluar signal problems in the same locations that I commute.

No problems with WiFi and HotSPot conenctions on the PRIV and I do like the Android OS much better than the BB OS-10 (especially for Apps).

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Anybody heard anything new?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm wondering about this too. My hotspot just stopped working. I turn it on and it turns itself off in less than a second. I've had 'no sevice' on my BlackBerry Priv a number of times in the past few weeks and rebooting has worked -- but I've missed calls because I didn't know I had no service. Now the hotspot issue. Any solutions?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have a Blackberry PRIV and previously reported having frequent dropped AT&T carrier signals and no service after Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow installed. I went to the Blackberry KnowledgeBase site and downloaded the No Carrier Prevention tool apk fix and installed it instructions were spot on and the process was simple. This morning when commuting through the Atlanta Metro area I retained carrier signals where it had been dropping previously with the new Android OS. It's still early, but looks like the No Service tool has corrected the signal problem for Priv devices.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I installed the tool and am waiting to see if it helps.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

QUick reply to kingrob2. I reported on Nov 8 that I successfully installed the Blackberry No Service Prevention Tool on my AT&T BB PRIV device. for the past three days, I have not had any "No Service" drops while commuting around the Atlanta Metro area where I typically go and have had traditional good service connection until recently with the Android 6.0.1 upgrade.

I have seen a few single bars on the signal icon, but have not lost reception.for phone and data.

So far, so good with the recent "No Service Fix" for me with my PRIV.  🙂

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Same here, so far so good.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.