For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Hasgoth's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 2nd, 2009 9:39 AM

Closed

AT&T Service Books?

I recently acquired a Blackberry 8220 from a friend after he purched the T-Mobile G1. I unlocked the phone and changed the TCP setting to match those of my other AT&T phone, however, I cannot seem to get any of the messenging clients or the browser to connect to the data network.

I was told by another friend who has experience with this kind of thing that I need to get the "AT&T Service Books," but he also uses T-mobile and does not know the standard procedure for acquiring them on AT&T.

Any help or information would be great.

Thanks for your time.

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

15 years ago

Yup -- that's all there is to it.  Get a BB data plan and they'll be pushed to the BB.

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

15 years ago

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan? No data plan, no service books.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

well, that makes sense. Do I need to remove the T-Mobile Service Books? Or is that something that just happens?

Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

15 years ago

It wouldn't hurt to delete them but they'll get overwritten.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

ok, here's the strange thing. I have an unlocked 8120 from Tmobile that works with all the SMS/MMS features for ATT. Video, Picture, Txt. I have no data plan whatsoever for this phone, period. Now I also have a 8220 from tmobile, unlocked of course, that works just fine with ATT except for MMS messeging. I cannot for the life of me get a straight answer from ATT on why this is. I have been told I don't need a data plan, I have been told I do need a data plan, I have been told that if the Phone was manufactured after January 1, 2008, then I won't need a data plan. I have been told that the pay per use data plan is all i will need. I'm not really sure ATT knows what they are doing. I have 2 phones that share pretty much the exact same features, one's flip, one's not. My TCP settings are correct, although I have been told I don't need them. My handheld software has been updated and downgraded(currently on .180). I have been told by ATT that I will have to have my PIN cleared by Tmobile in order to register with ATT, and I have been told the exact oposite by Tmobile. Does Someone, anyone, out there know what I need to do to get the MMS service books onto my 8220 for ATT. I have been running in circles, and until I have absolute proof that there is no way to get these service books unless I have a data plan, then I won't stop trying.......Thanks for any help....../Ryan

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.