For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
KatieS427428's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 15th, 2016 8:33 PM

iphone 6s plus randomly shuts off

My 6s Plus will randomly turn itself off completely, even when it's left unattended and with sufficient battery power
(even 100%).  I'm up to date on all my updates, I did a hard reset, deleted all excess messages, and apps that I don't need and still is happening.  It will only turn back on whe I have it plugged into a power source. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

It seems you have a power supply problem.  If the phone is under one year old and the problem was not caused by physical damage (like being dropped repeatedly).   Contact Apple directly for warranty service.  If you are out of warranty, Apple still may help you.  

Next option is insurance if you have it.

If the problem is not covered under warranty because Apple determines it was damaged, you would be charged for the replacement phone in full.  I suggest you take the phone to Apple yourself for evaluation to avoid an expensive and unpleasant surprise.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Ok great! Thank you for your suggestion.  I got the phone only a few months ago, and I do have insurance through AT&T for it as well.  🙂 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.