For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Ewill25's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 1:11 PM

iPhone X Pre-order

I plan on pre-ordering the iPhone X on October 27. I know the pre-order opens 12:01 AM PDT. I was wondering if stores will have some quantity for in store pre-orders, or if once online pre-orders are filled up, there will be no option to preorder in store?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

7 years ago

If you expect to get a phone before January 2018, either preorder at midnight, or get in line on release day.   There is no "quantity for in store pre order"    Never seen it work that way.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

So do you think that pre-ordering online at 12:01 AM PDT is the best way to guarantee that I get an iPhone X, rather than going in store when they open on October 27? Also, should I use ATT website or Apple?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

7 years ago

In the past, preorders were still being filled for months, while those who got in line on release day walked away with the phone.  You should expect some degree of insanity with both, even at the $999 price tag.  A resurrection concert by Elvis, Jim Morrison and Prince on Black Friday will be less fought over.  I suspect your best option for "sooner rather than later " is a lawn chair, blanket and thermos outside your local company store or Best Buy.   

Good luck.   I'm glad I'm an android person.  😱😱😱😱😱

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Year after year we see many complaints about ATT's website on preorder day. I don't know if apple's site is any better, though. We also routinely hear of people with preorders still not getting them on release day while others walk into a store and get one, so there is no guarantee a preorder gets you a phone on launch day. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

So on launch day, November 2, ATT retail locations will have iPhone X in stock for customers who did not pre-order?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, they will but how many is anyone's guess. The number available may differ from store to store. We've heard stories of people waiting in line at a store and the store runs out. We've also heard stories of customers going to a store with no line and walking right out with a new phone. It kind of depends on where you live and what the demand is.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.