For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

I have requested for an unlocked. I have received the confirmation from AT&T saying but it still says, "UNRECOGNISED SIM". Please help me. IMEI [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.].

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

NEVER post IMEI numbers. Hackers love valid IMEIs.

To unlock the phone, you must have an AT&T sim in the phone when you follow the unlocking directions.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

I have received the confirmation from AT&T saying unlocked and sync it on iTunes. I have done many times before for my other phones. Only this seems to be locked still.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi, this is former AT&T service user. I had a iPhone 4s from my 2yrs contract. I finished my contract and bought different phone. Now I am t mobile consumer and I need my I phone 4s from AT&T need to be unlock to use a service of tmobile. So can u please give a suggestion for this issue. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have iphone 5 smartphone and put unlock request *** on AT&T unlockportal. Then i received unlock confirmation from AT&T: Completing Your Authorized ATT Mobile Device Unlock Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your AT&T Mobile device. We have reviewed your request and confirmed that the device may be unlocked. 1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and verify that you have Internet connectivity. 2. Ensure the original SIM card that came with this device is inserted in your iPhone. 3. Connect your iPhone using the dock connector to USB cable that came with your iPhone. 4. Backup and restore your iPhone using iTunes. For information on backup and restore, please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414. 5. After restoring, your iPhone will be unlocked. Additional information on unlocking can be found at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3198 For questions regarding AT&T Mobile device, please visit the Phone/Device Learning Center. Thank you for your business. For other questions about our AT&T wireless service or other Mobile devices, please visit att.com. But phone still locked and doesn’t work with my SIM card. I can’t activate phone. Please verify that unlock process is complete and confirm that phone been unlocked for any carrier. Thank you.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have iPhone 6 64gb warrinty they change for me in UK but now I'm in my country ( Bahrain ) but the iPhone is locked and there's some told talk to you if u can unlocked for me I will give u my imei [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

My friend recently purchased a new iPhone and gave me her old iPhone 4S.  She told me that she had paid full retail price and that ATT told her that the phone was unlocked.  I tested it by inserting a non ATT sim card and it is not unlocked.  She already has had her new phone for a couple of months.  The question is:

How do I have this phone unlocked since it is not an active phone?

Thanks,

Tim

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Do you know if I am able to unlock my phone while I am traveling (in Europe) following the "normal" procedure? I meet the unlock criteria but I am not currently on AT&T's network and I don't know if the phone needs to be on AT&T's network when it "wakes up" after the restore(?)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

9 years ago

@tcaimbeul

Unlock as a non ATT customer. Submit your request https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

9 years ago

@jmswoodside

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?
Submit the request and activate with the new SIM card
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.