For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I have an iPhone 5 which is with AT&T without commitment. I requested unlock to AT&T and received the following message:

Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your mobile device.
Congratulations! Here are your unlock instructions:
For iOS 7 or later devices, please turn off Find My iPhone before unlocking your device.
1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and verify that you have Internet connectivity.
2. Ensure the original SIM card that came with this device is inserted in your iPhone.
3. Connect your iPhone using the dock connector to USB cable that came with your iPhone.
4. Backup and restore your iPhone using iTunes. For information on backup and restore, please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414.
5. After restoring, your iPhone will be unlocked.

I followed the steps and inserted a SIM card from another country. It says "SIM Not Valid". What should I do? I have requested unlocking a year ago and found unlocking is not smooth, so requested unlocking yesterday once again and received the above message again. Should I request it one more time by calling them or so? 

For my iPhone 5s, unlocking was successful. So, I guess I understood the steps correctly. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

9 years ago

I understand some iPhone 5 are not recorded in the systems correctly. If
both ATT and Apple and you have the correct IMEI number it would unlock.
So I have to wonder if your phone is not recorded correct.

Before you go off on a quest. Try unlocking the alternate way with a
foreign SIM card installed.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Could you tell me what you meant by "the alternate way with a foreign SIM card installed"? 

Thanks!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I has my iPhone 5 and got it unlocked after I finished my 2 year plan with ATT. I didn't realise that after putting my sim card back in my phone a while later that it locks the phone back to ATT. Does anyone know if they will unlock it again?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

How do I unlock my sons iPhone number when he is in another state and I am home can I do this via Internet

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

All phone unlocks must go through the unlock portal.

www.att.com/deviceunlock

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

hello, I just did an unlock request for my iphone 5 and i got the instructions to my email. the thing is mi iphone isnt getting unlocked, it says that the server is temporaly unavailable, and i´ve been trying for hours, so my doubt is , is it necessary to have the iphone updated? because i still have ios 7.1.2

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have an old ATT iPhoe 3 which I had reset and I am trying to activate and unlock the phone. The problem is that it will not activate without an active SIM - what is the best way to activate and  unlock?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I can't seem to unlock me iPhone 5s and I went to AT&T deviceunlock website and they didn't email me back. Please help me

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

9 years ago

When did you request unlock?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.