For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
york0011's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 29th, 2015 3:17 PM

iPhone 6 can't send or receive messages

Hi,

I have a new iPhone 6 and can't send/receive either SMS or iMessages.  I have tried rebooting the phone, turning on/off iMessage, and resetting network settings.  This was an "upgrade" from an iPhone 5.

Also, even though I have the "Delete after 30 days" option on in the Messages option on the phone, messages are coming back to my phone (even after deleting them) as long as 2-3 years ago.  I'm sure this bogging down the messaging system, but not sure what the problem is.  Can't find an answer under the iPhone 6 guides or on the ATT site.  Please help!

Thanks!

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

The first question that the Apple Geniuses will ask you is "Have your recently backed up your phone?"

This is before they erase it and reinstall the OS. 🙂

Before wiping it though... you should call AT&T and have them check your messaging plan and or remove/re-add the plan.

To further test with iMessage,  Go to Settings - Message - Send and Receive and try starting the conversation from your icloud email address to another person with iMessage over wifi. If it works, then it's probably something with your account.

The reappearing messages may mean that you have to restore the OS though...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.