For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
stpackman's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, November 6th, 2014 6:15 PM

iPhone 6 Plus Backorder

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the "real" wait status for the iPhone 6 Plus 64 or 128 gb?

We ordered them on Oct 22nd and the ship date is 12/2-12/11. Was wondering what others are experiencing with the actual ship time.

Thanks in advance! Man Happy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I ordered an iPhone 6 Plus, space gray, 128GB phone on 09/23. The planned shipment date range was 10/31/2014 through 11/11/2014. On 11/07/2014, I received an email stating--summarized as you've all seen--"This phone is popular and AT&T doesn't know when we'll actually deliver, but we'll let'cha know." They missed the 11/11 shipment date. I haven't seen a single piece of concrete delivery information since and it's been almost 8 weeks since I ordered. To boot, they charged me the upgrade fee within a week of my order. Six weeks on, I insisted that if they couldn't deliver they should waive the upgrade fee, which to their credit, they did. I've checked my order status nearly every day for the past six weeks online and by phone. AT&T is not being transparent. They are not communicating with customers who could be waiting months on an open-ended back order list. Well, I finally got fed up and used my office social networking page to organize a number (11 fellow employees at this point) of my coworkers who are also fed up with AT&T's obfuscation and avoidance. Several local Verizon stores in our area have the iPhone 6 Plus in 128GB for immediate pickup and we've decided together that we will all move en masse to Verizon and cancel our AT&T service if we don't receive concrete delivery dates by next week before Thanksgiving. We continue to use the company social network to add more to our number. If AT&T doesn't think an individual decision to leave after six years is significant, add up a year's worth of revenue from 11 current, high data subscribers. You quickly get to a figure exceeding $10,000 in lost revenue in a single year. If we sign two year agreements with Verizon, you're talking over $20,000 in revenue losses to AT&T. Our mutiny list is growing.

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

i have been an AT&T wireless customer for over 30 years now and have never been so close to changing carriers. I have had a gold 128g iphone 6 plus on order since Sept 28th and just receive a message that the estimated delivery of Nov 14 cannot be made and the only available status is unit is on back order and feel free to cancel you you don't want to wait for an undetermined future date. At a minimum AT&T should had provided a estimated delivery date

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

9 years ago

If you have any possiblity whatsoever of ordering directly from Apple - do it.  Apple, unlike the liars at AT&T actually ship your order in the dates they promise you.

If you have any possibility whatsoever of changing carriers, you really need to do that.  AT&T is garbage, they don't care about their customers, and they don't deserve our business.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

9 years ago

@JohnSez wrote:

Im on day 50 which is the end of the original deliver date.  Went back to the store and they said it was on back order.  What is the definition of back order?

AT&T telling you what they think you want to hear rather than the truth.

So finally tonight my status changes from Preparing to Ship to Back Order.  Why did it ever say Preparing to Ship on day one?

Because AT&T is incompetent and has no concern whatsoever with customer service

Why wasnt the status changed a month ago so I didnt go through the last few days thinking after 7 weeks I would get a phone.

Because AT&T is incompetent and has no concern whatsoever with customer service

I guess the issue is the 128 because 64 shipments placed weeks after mine are already delivered.  Anyone change their order from 128 and get a 64 in a short time or do you go to the end of the line?  Anyone know how long the wait is if you are on back order?

Go to Apple if you can.  Go to a new carrier if you can.  AT&T will NEVER ship you the iPhone 6+ 128GB phones.  They aren't going to ever help their customers.  RUN AWAY FROM AT&T

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

9 years ago

My opinion is that AT&T initially under ordered some of the 18 different iPhone 6 sku's. (6 vs 6+, three colors, three memory sizes).

They probably have new orders in now. But Apple might still be working on fulfilling older orders from other third parties.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Did you get your phone?

Voyager

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I ordered the 126 Space Gray on 10/1/2014 to be shipped 11/10/2014-11/19/2014.  today it changed to backorder.  I called and there is no ETA on a new shipping date.  I have been waiting 50 days and I bet it will be another 50 before I see the phone.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Ordered 9/20 Six+ 128gb SG, shipping dates 10/31-11/07. Back ordered. Apple leather case also.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to update you regarding our back order iPhone 6 Plus 64gb and a 128gb ordered on Oct 22 in an AT&T store.  Order was shipped today. 

Hang in there and I'm sure you will see yours move soon.

Thanks for all the responces from my first post.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Hey that's grea...Woah, WHA?! You order 2-4 weeks after most posting and get a shipped status while we get another month added in an AT&T email? How's that work? And I'm sorry but "hang in there" doesn't quite resonate...
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.