For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
TomLongstaff's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, June 20th, 2015 12:08 PM

iPhone 6 LOCKED!

Hi guys,

Pretty frustrated - Apple have told me that my new phone has been locked to AT&T and ONLY AT&T are able to unlcok this phone yet I have been told toldthat my device is incompatible. Pretty sure I believe Apple over AT&T! Someone is definitely lying, might as well throw the phone away seeing as I am a UK customer and AT&T does not even work in UK!

Somebody suggest something, think I will sell to someone in the US instead if AT&T continue to give me ZERO explanation.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

So strange, it said it was valid earlier! Don't know what to do

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

9 years ago

Double check the number. It should have come up as blacklisted, which it did not. If it came up invalid, I suspect an input or transcription error.

Which retailer did you but it from and how did you pay?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Amazon. I messed up the number, it says its ready for activation, please try the below, it worked for me when using this link: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/byop.html

Congratulations. Your device is compatible with AT&T services.

We’ve identified the compatible SIM for your device. Click Continue, to start your order.

hopefully they can now approve the unlock.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

9 years ago

Aren't you glad this forum is anonymous? 😆

Verify the email right away.
You should get the unlock in a couple of days.
Then just do the activation per Apple instructions.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Nope... Still no luck even with the CORRECT IMEI which ATT have themselves admitted IS compatible but when I go through the unlock process I receive the same message:

Unfortunately, your unlock request was denied because:

The IMEI number [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] you entered does not match a device compatible with the AT&T network.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Just sent them the following (does anybody have an email I can write to)

Hi guys, 

I have received an iPhone 6 for a birthday present (I live in the UK) and have been told by Apple that the phone is locked to ATT yet I receive the following when submitting an unlock request:

Unfortunately, your unlock request was denied because:

The IMEI number 359234062970621 you entered does not match a device compatible with the AT&T network.

However, when using this: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/byop.html I am told that the phone IS! compatible with the AT&T network so why am I not being allowed to get my phone unlocked.

Apple have confirmed on multiple occasions that the phone is locked to ATT yet why is this "not compatible" when the phone has been confirmed on live chat, by yourselves as NOT being stolen, lost etc.

Thanks,

Tom

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

That simply means the IMEI is not in ATT's data base as ever having been used on the ATT network. Yes, it is locked by the Apple factory to the ATT network. But it doesn't get registered by the ATT automated system until it is activated on the network.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

any advice on where I can go from here? Do not really fancy purchasing a sim to then activate it (being in UK) to then be able to finally get the phone unlocked!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

9 years ago

This happened a lot with iPhone 5. The phone is in one system, but not the other. ATT and Apple need to get heads together, synchronize computers, then the unlock can go through.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.