For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
xupeiqi0429's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 15th, 2018 5:58 PM

Closed

eSIM for iPhone XS, XS MAX and XR

I have an AT&T nano-SIM card and another nano-SIM card with Chinese carrier. I learned that the unlocked iphone Xs MAX can have a nano-SIM and an eSIM working together. But the Chinese carrier didn't support eSIM. So I want to transform my AT&T nano-SIM card into eSIM so that my two phone number can both work on the iphone. How can I change my AT&T nano-SIM card to eSIM?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

AT&T not ready for new iPhone with dual sim. Spent 7 hours between Friday and Saturday trying to get a QR code from at&t to make this new phone work. No luck. Spent over an hour on a conference call with Apple and AT&T both sides saying it’s the others fault. 3 hours in a retail store with an Apple rep and an AT&T rep. They called their people and no one has answers other than AT&T is not supporting dual sim at this time. $1100+ on phone because of this feature to find out it isn’t supported by the carrier. iPhone Xs, AT&T what’s up? When will you support this feature? 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Even apple has said its not ready.  It was said to begin with that dual SIM would be supported at a later date with iOS update.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same sad story for me.  AT&T (store associates and over the phone advanced tech support) has been pointing fingers, while also admitting that the dual SIM capabiliti8es should be able to be used but they cannot find anyone within AT&T that can figure it out.  SOOO Frustrating!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

It not active in iOS yet.  The software is not there to make the esim work.  Once it works you can pick carriers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

No one has a clue how to activate the eSIM. Or even if SIM1 or SIM2 is the esim. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Chrisa555

Thats because they cannot be used/activated yet.  Once Apple allows it, instructions will be passed around. 

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

6 years ago

Read an article that Deutsche Telekom users on IOS 12.1 beta 1 have been able to activate it. See link below

https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/26/ios-12-1-beta-1-esim-functionality/#disqus_thread

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Does AT&T offer Dual SIM support right now, or will it be later after the official release of iOS 12.1?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Apple has not updated software to allow the eSim to function.  When they do, it would be possible to use both Sims

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

No us carrier is ready yet.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.