For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Angryperson3383's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, December 7th, 2016 1:46 PM

Why do AT&T keep changing their rules on upgrades!!!!????? Angry customer!

At&t keeps changing the way they do things with upgrades I am very upset!!!!! AT&T stop robbing us!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Sounds like you are complaining about no more 2 year contract subsidized phones. Sorry but no carrier does 2 year contract phones anymore. Besides, you may have thought you were getting cheaper phones but you just paid higher service rates. You've always been paying for the phone, you just didn't know it. Now service costs and phone costs are separated.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes I am, and just saw Sprint does. I think I'm changing to sprint.  AT&T keeps chaging rule and hiring prices not cool.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

You sure about that? I only see leases and installment plans, no 2 year contracts. Regardless, just make sure Sprint provides the service you need where you need it before you switch. You won't be happy with any phone deal you get if the service doesn't work for you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes I'm surely gonig to reseach before I do.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Sprint does offer contracts, but you pay $25 more for the line fee.

$200 up front and $600 more over 24 month contract, guess what?  You just paid $800 for a $650 phone!

Or you can choose the payment plans from any carrier and pay only the retail price.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Like I said will do my own research thanks. They all suck!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

You have other options.   You don't have to buy phones from the carrier.

I don't want to pay $650 + for a phone either.  

My extended family has purchased 1 Nexus 6P ($600) , 2 Nexus 6 ($250 each) , 3 Moto Pure Edition ($200, $250, $250)  These are unlocked, universal phones.  

I have also purchased mint condition used phones off eBay for half the original retail price.

You will always pay more through the carrier.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.