For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Iooc's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 11:18 PM

Want to buy the new iPhone 4s

Im not an USA citizen, I'm from Chile and I'm going to new York on December and  I want to buy the iPhone 4s but without a contract. What should I do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

475 Messages

12 years ago

You should go to an Apple Store to buy your phone. That way you can get a UNLOCKED Iphone and be able to use it on any GSM carrier in the world. It will not have any contract required.

You will have to pay the full retail price.

If you buy a phone from AT&T, it will be locked to the AT&T network and will not be unlocked.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

@Iooc wrote:

Im not an USA citizen, I'm from Chile and I'm going to new York on December and  I want to buy the iPhone 4s but without a contract. What should I do?

Buy the iPhone in Chile where you can get warranty and service support if needed.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

That's right. If you live/travel abroad, you'd be silly not to purchase a factory unlocked iPhone.

Scholar

• 

390 Messages

12 years ago

Buy it from America regardless warranty lol

iPhones are alot cheaper in US then anywhere else

here in the UK the iPhone prices are half the price more then ones in US lol

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you all.

Im gonna buy the iPhone in US no matter warranty because here the iPhone will be in 1600 dollars a 16gb 4s 

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

12 years ago

Make sure you buy it from the Apple store and make sure you buy the UNLOCKED phone. Apple also sells locked versions and if you buy one of the locked phones, neither AT&T nor Apple will unlock it. Good luck.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.