Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Adammusic's profile

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 5:34 AM

Voicemail transcription / visual voicemail not working / iOS 10 / iphone 6...

Visual voicemail aka voicemail transcription isn't working on my brothers iphone 6 on ios10. Any idea how to get it to work? Is there an ATT setting under My Account to turn on visual voicemail?

Ive only tried Resettting Network settings on the iphone so far.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Well, this problem is even worse than folks some are saying.  On my 6S, fully updated, when there is a transcription I cannot hear the voicemail at all.  Even when the progress bar show a 1+ minute message, it will not play. So despite @jdemon55's comment above, this problem IS affecting playback.  And the transcription of course is not only incomplete (only about a screen worth of the message is transcribed), but it is also a crappy transcription if the sound quality of the message is anything less than perfect.  Since I'm on ATT, that's much of the time!

This "feature" NEEDS AN OFF OPTION!  NOW!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have an iphone 7, and when I got the phone the transcription worked fairly well.  Suddenly it stopped transcribing, and would display the message, transcription unavailable or something similar.  I went into an Apple store and the tech spent almost two hours with my phone - it had some other issues, as well - and said the transcription is a beta feature that doesn't always work.  He said sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for a voice mail to transcribe!  I never had to wait that long.  However, now that he worked on the phone, transcription is no longer an option at all.  It doesn't even try to transcribe, and it doesn't display any message as to the failure of such transcription.  I didn't ask for the feature to go away entirely, but apparently there is a way to make it disappear. Just have an Apple tech work on your phone!  Anyone know of a way to get it back?

Mentor

• 

110 Messages

7 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  The last voicemail I received that transcribed was on December 27, 2016.  Recent voicemails simply display "transcription not available".   I'm not sure when it stopped working exactly though as I don't have any voicemails between the one that worked and one on Feb 11, 2017 that didn't.  No voicemails since then though have transcribed. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Can’t access visual voicemail messages after IOS 11.0 update? (I use AT&T)

Easily solved as documented elsewhere (you may not have to go thru all steps and skip down to “5)”, however going thru these steps loaded all my old vms, which were “many”):

1) Turn off WiFi, and then “Reset Network Settings” (under Settings-General-Reset).

2) Then do hard reset of iPhone (for my 6+ that’s pressing/holding down Home and Power buttons until Apple logo appears).

3) Once you come back on go to Phone and you should “hear” vms (assuming you have “tones” set for that) coming in rapidly one after another.

4) I waited til that ended...After that, if still says “Call Voicemail” instead of showing visual voicemail...

5) Call your voicemail, enter password and viola, all visual passwords will appear.

NOTE TO APPLE SUPPORT: This glitch needs addressing by Apple Support in next update and it should be communicated to all users that they have available their vm password PRIOR to updating to 11.0

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

One additional note is to keep WiFi off through all 5 steps (hard reset default may turn back on your WiFi)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Im  new to this but i have s6 active phone and my grand daughter has done things to my phone that i cant get back.  First i get all kinds of interüpting ads popping up andsecond is i was able to use my voice to scribe my texting.  What can i do

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I had it on my SE then it stopped. I want a list of voicemails like normal. What do I do?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My SE HAD VISUAL VM BUT IT STOPPED. I don’t care about transcription but I want a list of messages

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I used to get a list of vm messages on my iPhone SE. now I don’t. How do I by pass all this useless listening?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Perseph wrote:

I had it on my SE then it stopped. I want a list of voicemails like normal. What do I do?

What did AT&T say when you called to say that your Visual VoiceMail isn't working?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.