For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks - calling them now

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I've been going back n forth with ATT for 5 hours!!!!  We have 4 devices on our account and one that is now INACTIVE.  That's my daughters phone which was purchased through the NEXT program.  The phone is paid off and not in service as she now lives in Canada.  She just found the phone while unpacking and wants to get it unlocked to use it on her Canadian provider.  Since ATT does not provide service in Canada, the option is to UNLOCK it.  According to ATT the phone can't be unlocked since it's not an ACTIVE line.  Of course it's not active, it's paid off and she lives in Canada.  We've fulfilled the contract in paying over the months to own the phone.  NOW ATT is holding us hostage and saying we have to reactive her line to get it unlocked.  This is not legal since we did complete the "contract" with ATT.  We need someone with a brain and able to think outside the box on this.  I will provide personal information only when contacted by ATT.  To restate:  the phone is paid off.  It's NOT a prepaid.  We don't like being held up for more money in the form of a reactivation fee and monthly service since she can't use it in Canada.

Guru

• 

321 Messages

5 years ago

I don't know how you requested the unlock, but If the phone isn't active on a line you have to submit the unlock request as a "NON-CUSTOMER".

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

When it asks for the phone # leave it blank.

Bill

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

It doesn't work.  I add the iemi and clicked non customer also I'm not a robot box.  The next is still greyed out?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

good evening! I live in Ukraine, yesterday on my birthday I bought a phone. It turned out that it is locked under you! I ask you, unlock the phone, this situation really upset me. I hope for your understanding

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Gromms11 wrote:

good evening! I live in Ukraine, yesterday on my birthday I bought a phone. It turned out that it is locked under you! I ask you, unlock the phone, this situation really upset me. I hope for your understanding

Follow the unlock procedure..

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Gromms11the phone being locked it the fault of who you bought it from 

UNLOCK REQUIREMENTS

• Your device isn’t reported lost or stolen, or involved with fraud.
  • You must complete your contract or installment plan (including early termination fees). Or, pay off an installment plan early and then make another unlock request in 24 hours.
  • Your device isn’t active on another AT&T account.
  • If you upgraded early, wait 14 days to unlock your old device. Business customers wait 30 days.
  • Your service must be active for at least 60 days with no past due or unpaid balance.
  • AT&T PREPAID (formerly GoPhone®) devices must have at least 6 months of active service.
  • If you’re military, we’ll ask you to email your TCS or PCS (Temporary / permanent change of station) documents for eligibility. You won’t have to complete installment plans or contracts.
  • If you have a business-owned device, your company must authorize you to unlock it.
  •  Go here if your phone meets all the requirements https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am non US citizen.

I bought a 2nd hand iphone 8 locked by AT&T.

I submitted unlock request, but getting denied due to "unpaid balance linked to your device".

I don't own an AT&T phone number nor an account. (I have no US number)

I want to check how much the "unpaid balance" is, and to pay it off.

Help me.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

You can’t.  AT&T does not Share it’s customer information, and will not help you.    You cannot unlock the phone.   Contact the seller for a refund or request they unlock the phone 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Привет,Я уже Обращался и я не помню номер запроса Imei *****--

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.