For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Rushali wrote:

The phone was SIM-Free and the problem with requesting an unlock on the AT&T unlock device portal is that when I enter the IMEI number, the automated input in model number comes as A1784 despite the model number being A1661. The IMEI number is the same on both the box and the SIM tray and so is the model number on the box and the back of the phone. Why would that happen?

If it is indeed the SIM free version purchased from Apple, it is not locked and ATT won't be able to process an unlock request. If it doesn't work with your Indian carrier, it is for another reason.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Dear Sirs and Madam!

On 6th of August I have bought New IPhone 6 in Moscow and used it with Russian sim-card till 1st of January 2017 (at that date my phone was locked by american operator).

4th of January I have sent a Consumer Device Unlock request (REQUEST number *****), on 6th of January,17 I have finally recieved such reply: ''Your unlock request was denied because the IMEI number doesn’t match a device that’s compatible with the AT&T network.''

I have checked my IMEI again by dialing *#06#, and found out that information in my request was CORRECT! (IMEI : [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]).

Please help my to Unlock my phone.

Thank you in advance, Alina.(e-mail;*****)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Once a phone is unlocked, it stays unlocked. No carrier could or would lock it after you have been using it 5 months. Are you sure it is locked? Perhaps the phone has been blacklisted?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@laliana What makes you think it's locked by AT&T if you bought it in Russia?

What happened that makes you say "my phone was locked by american operator" on Jan. 1st?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your reply.
1st of January it asked for activation, and I could not manage to pass the procedure of activation with my sim-card, only when I brought my phone to the private service, they managed to activate it, but only with American ATT sim-card. When we tryed to put Russian SIM cards of different operators, it asked to activate phone again.
I have already checked my IPhone, and it's not in the black -list.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your reply.
1st of January it asked for activation, and I could not manage to pass the procedure of activation with my sim-card, only when I brought my phone to the private service, they managed to activate it, but only with American ATT sim-card. When we tryed to put Russian SIM cards of different operators, it asked to activate phone again.
I have already checked my IPhone, and it's not in the black -list.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hello all, I ask this simple question because I still can not solve it! Phone: Iphone 6

Actually AT&T has approved my request to unlock my device and the iCloud activation lock is off for this phone. Also, I've erased the phone. It seems everything done but when I insert my new SIMcard(carrier :Ultra.me), it still show "Sim not supported". After calling Apple and searching Apple community, they common thought is AT&T didnt unlock my phone at all. Btw, when I used IMEI to check the Simlock status, it just showed "unknown" ! I called the AT&T and they just transfer my call to Apple directly even didnt ask for my permission. I'm so mad about that, and it cannot solve any problems. So, I wanna ask anyone has silmiar situation with me or how to deal with this problem?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

We can't complete your request

IMEI:*****
Request number: [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Hi, SAHIL.
Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your Apple iPhone 6S Plus A1634 device.

Because of certain AT&Tguidelines, we were not able to unlock your device.

For more information about unlocking a device, check out our

Thanks for choosing us,
AT&T

This is an automated email. If you reply to this address, we won't get it.
  this problem creat how to slove help plzzzz

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

If the phone has not completed 6 month of consecutive paid Gophone service, this is a typical response. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi

I saw that the phone was unlocked  but did not received the email  

its been 10 days    

how can I ask for the email ? how can i get another email  ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.