For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
mcsail1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 7th, 2016 11:19 PM

Sudden Data Usage increase

I have never reached my data limit, not even close in two years.  When at work we have zero network service.  All the sudden today, I have maxed out my data usage when the billing period started yesterday.  I have barely used my phone at all!!!   Is it possible someone is hijacking my data?  This all started when I got the iPhone 6s. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

You like others don't know everything. Computers mess up and in this case
there was a big error. Get the facts right before you pass a comment.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@exodus

Idiopathic overages (which usually aren't so much unexplained)  on one device may be easier to find than you expect.  Those apps may be the key.  

I recall a post where a mom was furious and thought Verizon (I am former) was pulling something.  After checking the apps, she remembered allowing her child to use her phone for entertainment during a time period.  The kid opened her favorite app, netflix, and watched several movies or shows while traveling.  I think she said auto play was on.      

My son didn't know he had YouTube on in the background on his phone.  It kept running to the tune of 9-11 gigs a month.  

It's little goofs like this that can add up.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

What happened is my billed showed NO data usage in any of my for lines for
Feb. All my lines then had ALL my Jan usage added to the beginning of my
March (current) billing cycle. So please stop saying it's apps. It is a
computer billing issue. And if not corrected, then we are saying goodbye
after 17 years as a customer.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@MrMartinjr wrote:
You like others don't know everything. Computers mess up and in this case
there was a big error. Get the facts right before you pass a comment.

So please stop saying it's apps. It is a computer billing issue. 

@MrMartinjr I'm not sure where your attitude is coming from???

No one has directly addressed you and it doesn't appear that anyone is telling you you're wrong. You haven't even asked a question...

As you specifically stated you had a computer issue, I'm not sure why you think they're talking to you as you know your problem and most of the other posts specifically address someone else. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

@MrMartinjr Check your MyAT&T app today to see if your data allowance has been updated yet. I noticed a change in mine this morning.

AT&T has credited me for an additional 15gb of data this month and removed the overage charges, although I still haven't heard anything from them regarding my case being resolved.

Once my Feb-Mar billing statement was posted, it was possible to see that no data usage was recorded for that period at all. Instead all of the usage for each line had been posted to and compounded with the Mar-Apr billing period. I assume the error was due to the shorter billing cycle in Feb.

@lizdance40, @pgrey, @Gary L
Thank you for all of the suggestions! I will be downloading and using an independent data counter, in order to have a more accurate idea of exactly how my data is being used each month.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.