For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
KLMoore336's profile

Scholar

• 

64 Messages

Thursday, September 13th, 2018 5:37 PM

Closed

Official iPhone XS & XS Max Tracking Thread!

Hey Everyone!!

Another exciting year for us to get our hands on the all new iPhone XS/XS Max.  I can't waitttttttttttt to get my hands on the new 512GB Gold iPhone XS Max!!

So let's do the same thing we did last year. Answer the following: Which iPhone did you purchase (size & color), order date, what’s your current status, and what’s your estimated ship date??

Also, I will be keeping my eye on the actual Apple Store like last year.  I cancelled my pre-order and ended up getting my phone at Apple Store.  So ALWAYS keep checking their inventory!!

Let the games begin!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I was able to order 2 iPhone XS Max GOLD 64 GB traded in our iPhone X 256 GB. Didn't go with the 256 GB since we barely used much of the 256 GB we pay $2.99 for iCloud for extra storage so that is cheaper than to pay extra for more storage on the iPhone that we upgrade every year. I think 64GB is sufficient  but 32 GB is not. We also have iPad pro and Mac book pro so we use iCloud more across the devices. 

Debating on the new apple watch series 4. I have the apple watch series 1 still works great. Now do you pay extra for cellular service on the apple watch if you get the one with the with cellular service. If you have the shared unlimited data plan available today. 

I had to do the orders separate. I only got 1 email confirmation for the first order but not for the 2nd order. But on the website it shows other orders with order numbers both in process with the shipping date of Sept 21. When I check apple website it show a shipping date of Sept 28-Oct 5. WOW!!! Crazy! 

Scholar

• 

96 Messages

6 years ago

For Apple Watch you pay $10 a month for cellular service with a different assigned number, yet numbersync syncs your phone and watch into 1

Can't wait till late Wednesday - Thursday to get the shipment notification from FedEx(?)

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Ordered XS Max Space Gray 256 GB.  Logged in about 2:04am CT, had the queue screen for about 5 minutes then placed the order at 2:10am.  Got my email confirmation at 2:14am with 9/21 delivery date.  What's weird is I wasn't charged sales tax during the preorder process.  I'm upgrading a prior phone on the AT&T Next plan.  In the email confirmation with the order summary the estimated sales tax is showing $0.  Every other year I've always paid the sales tax at the time of preorder so not sure what's going on with that.

Scholar

• 

96 Messages

6 years ago

@Pawlias70 Same here, no taxes and I'm in California

Last year I payed $95 worth of taxes for the iPhone X

Now I want that $95 back from last year, lol

I was shocked!

Scholar

• 

64 Messages

6 years ago

Make sure you guys check out your next month's bill.  I was prepared to pay it but It did say pay on the next bill!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I purchased the iPhone XS Max in gold 256gb. I got in to place the order at 3:04am ET and my current order status says it’s in progress. It has an expected delivery date of 9/21. Unlike some of you I did have to pay sales tax. I received a confirmation email one hour later at 4:13am and was able to sleep like a baby after that! 

I am soooo excited I had the iPhone X last year but returned it due to the small size. The Xs max is the perfect phone for me. I’m just a little worried after reading about all the AT&T horror preorder stories about order statuses going from “in progress” to cancelled with no reason. I’m practicing patience and keeping my fingers crossed though.  Good luck to everyone! 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I’m pretty upset about my results to the Apple Preorder process this year. I submitted my order thru the Apple Store application at 3:03am EST and received my confirmation email at 3:04am EST (and the application didn’t allow access until 3:02am EST). I ordered the iPhone XS Max 512GB in Space Grey, but my expected shipping dates are 1-2 weeks out (Sept. 28th - Oct. 5th). I’m seeing tons of other folks that ordered the exact same device up to 10 minutes later that received Sept. 21st delivery dates. There was no possible way to submit quicker (Product Favorite saved ahead of time, paid with Apple Pay, etc) so I don’t understand how I missed out on release day shipping. 

Anyway, I noticed that I could preorder a iPhone XS Max 512GB in Gold and I had the option to pick up in store on Sept. 21st so I committed to both. I really wanted Space Grey, but either way I’ll be getting the phone on release day. I just don’t understand how I haven’t seen any order submission before my time, but plenty of folks that submitted after received Sept. 21st delivery for the exact same device. 

Oh well. Patience is a virtue... I can’t complain too much about getting my second color choice on release day. 

ACE - Master

• 

10.5K Messages

6 years ago

I just got the charge to my card for the sales tax on my order, although it was about 3 hours after I placed the order. My order was through Apple.  For those who didn’t get charged sales tax, I’m sure it will eventually come, no matter who you ordered through.  The states aren’t going to miss out on their cut!

The only weird glitch with my Apple order was that the email confirmation for my iPhone order didn’t come until about 10 minutes after I placed the order, so I was worrying it didn’t go through.  Immediately after ordering the phone, I ordered a case, and got an immediate email confirmation for that order, so that email arrived before the phone email, even though I ordered afterwards.

The good thing with Apple is that they are usually conservative with their delivery estimates.  You almost never get it later, and in many cases you’ll actually get it earlier when they show 1-2 weeks after launch day.  I don’t really trust AT&Ts estimates, unless you got in pretty early.  Lots of stories here in past launches where AT&T initially estimated launch day delivery, and then it got pushed out at the end.

Scholar

• 

64 Messages

6 years ago

I'm getting charged taxes on my next months bill!  I didn't have to pay anything upfront because it didn't ask me what form of payment method.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

@KLMoore336, did the estimated sales tax show up on your order confirmation email?  I figured it would come out of my next bill since it didn't ask for a payment method during the preorder process, but on the confirmation email the estimated sales tax shows $0.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.