For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
jmettx's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 9th, 2018 1:30 AM

Not receiving voicemail notifications

I am no longer receiving notifications when I have a voicemail waiting for me.

I'm using iPhone 8 and my AT&T plan is GoPhone/Prepaid.

People can leave voice messages and I can retrieve them if I call into the system, but I'm no longer receiving notification.

The solution I found on this forum does not work (press and hold 1, enter password, press personal options, press 1 to toggle notifications on/off)...when I do this procedure, I am not give the last piece (option 1 to turn notifications on/off).

Either there is a larger network problem where notifications aren't being sent to anybody in my area, or there is a problem with my account.  I already spent 45 minutes on the phone with ATT advanced support.  They resent my account, reset my passwork, reset my voicemail, etc.  None of it worked. Cellular data service is on. Please help.  (also note, it is not the phone.  brand new iPhone 8. i sat with the techs for an hour today and they found no problem, but as a courtesy they replaced it with another new unit.  same voicemail problem persists)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I have the iPhone 7 also prepaid plan and experienced the same issue. Something about these newer model iPhones prevents visual voicemail from working, on the prepaid plans anyway. The only workaround I’ve found that fixes it for me is to trick the system into thinking you’re using a different device. I went to my account and changed my device to my old iPhone’s (6s plus) imei and visual voicemail started working after a few seconds and a reboot. Have to repeat the process anytime I remove and reinsert my sim because it automatically reassigns the iPhone 7. If you have a spare phone’s imei you can use, I guarantee this will fix your visual vmail! 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks iShane.

I really hope this works but I have a question.  Can you clarify the procedure...what do you mean by "I went to my account and changed my device to my old iPhone’s (6s plus) imei and visual voicemail started working after a few seconds and a reboot"   Which account did you change...an AT&T account online, and Apple account?   Thanks, very much.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Just your AT&T online account. (Www.paygonline.com). Go to Settings at the top right, My Device, then to Update Device. You’ll have the option to enter an IMEI and/or sim number. Only change the IMEI. Let me know if it works for you 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

It worked.  You are a genius.  Thank you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Good deal! Glad it worked for you 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’m having the same issue, but no longer have my old iPhone to retrieve a imei number. Any thoughts?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same here: new iphone suddenly no voicemail alert on my phone and ATT says “well that’s just the way it is!”  Time to switch carriers!!

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Just use new AT&T prepaid card. Same thing happens...already tried different methods for couple hrs. Don't know what to do. Don't want to call and spend another hr. 

Btw, After pressing and hold 1, there is no option 1(turn notification on/off) after pressing 4 for personal options

https://www.att.com/media/att/2013/support/pdf/Basic+Voicemail+Menu.pdf

Seems working when using iphone 6 plus from my friend....but not my iphone 7 even I'v updated IMEI and SIM number to the account. 

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I have an iphone 11 and have dual sims (the AT&T prepaid is an eSim). I get no voicemail notification. I have no option to turn on notification.

having a voicemail that doesn't tell you that you have a message is worse than not having voicemail.

Is there a way to disable voicemail maybe until this is resolved?

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Ok - so I've gone into the voicemail tab in my iPhone phone app, and it won't connect to AT&T voicemail - authorisation error. I've tried removing voicemail password, no joy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.