For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
ColoradoGirl15's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 8th, 2018 3:15 PM

My phone was stolen the day after I paid it off and it was unlocked - how can I lock/block it?

I paid off my phone because I was switching providers and I had unlocked it, so I could bring my device to the new carrier. It was stolen last night. It had my AT&T Sim Card on it. The data had also been erased because I was initially getting a new phone until I found out that I had to pay off my AT&T device, so my "Find my iPhone" feature was turned off as well. Is there a way to lock and block it from the network even though I am no longer an AT&T Customer? I still have the box, so I have the IMEI, Serial Number, ICCID, etc.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

6 years ago

You can call ATT and have the IMEI blacklisted, but you are unlikely to get the phone back.  Pity, so sorry that happened to you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Hello lizdance40, 
Thank you so much for the information. I will call them, hopefully they will still help me even though I cancelled my line with them the other day. I appreciate your help. Yes, it was a terrible situation. I am just thankful no one got hurt. In the end, it's just a phone. 
Thanks!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

They blacklisted it. Now if the person who stole it (or whoever they may have sold it to) tries to use it, they will have to go to an AT&T Store to activate it and it is flagged as stolen.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.