For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Taskren's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 25th, 2017 3:51 PM

Loyal customers

Please provide me with a reason I should stay with AT&T if you only value new customers?  I wanted to upgrade 2 phones with the buy 1 gift one IPhone 8.  I have 4 lines and 4 people in my home.  I was told I had to activate another line.  I don’t need another line.  I have been loyal, and in return, I was told to pound salt!  I guess I don’t matter!  I am really glad I buy mobile service for a business as well!  Sprint seems to value its customers much more!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

The reason to stay with any carrier is because they provide the service you need when and where you need it at a price you are willing to pay. All carrier promotions are designed to attract new customers or generate new lines of service. If you can find a carrier that doesn’t require a new line for a free phone, please let us know. If you change carriers to get promotions like this, you will be changing every few years. Most customers won’t do that and all the carriers know that.

So is anyone on your plan willing to get a new number? If so, open a new line to get the promotion and cancel a line. I know people that did that to get a free iPhone 7.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Taskren wrote:

Please provide me with a reason I should stay with AT&T if you only value new customers?  I wanted to upgrade 2 phones with the buy 1 gift one IPhone 8.  I have 4 lines and 4 people in my home.  I was told I had to activate another line.  I don’t need another line.  

That's pretty much the same offer the other other vendors are going to require, isn't it.

I have been loyal, and in return, I was told to pound salt!  

You asked for a free phone.

I guess I don’t matter!  I am really glad I buy mobile service for a business as well!  Sprint seems to value its customers much more!

Why do you feel that way about Sprint?  Are they doing free BOGOs for iPhones?

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 years ago

@Taskren: Forget what I wrote earlier. You say Sprint seems to value customers more, but what about coverage? There is always a “catch,” other carriers are the same, need new line of service for BOGO.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Taskren

We don’t consider Sprint a thing.  And besides, all carriers have the same catch, ‘bring in new lines for a deal on phones’.  

They are after all, a cellular carrier, that’s how they make a profit.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@Taskren

We don’t consider Sprint a thing.  And besides, all carriers have the same catch, ‘bring in new lines for a deal on phones’.  

They are after all, a cellular carrier, that’s how they make a profit.   

They don't really care if you have a recent phone, just as long as you are paying for service on a line.

(An apartment rental place doesn't care if you stay there, just as long as you pay the rent).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I recently had a Sprint phone to use for work and their coverage has greatly improved. I had no issues.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Taskren wrote:
I recently had a Sprint phone to use for work and their coverage has greatly improved. I had no issues.

How is service in the areas where you didn't try it?

Without even trying I'm pretty confident that the 4 major carriers have the area where I live covered pretty good. It's everywhere else I go.

But we digress: 

The point is, Sprint is going to do the same thing, offer you something free when you're new and nothing when you are old...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.