For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Wowo58's profile

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 4:10 AM

Closed

Iphone 6 plus order dates compared to ship dates

I am not a pre-order person and didn't pre-order this time.  However, I needed another phone for business and decided to order the iphone plus as a personal line.  I ordered the iPhone 6 plus 64 gb in gold on September 22 and have a shipping date of October 30-November 10.  

In my logical way of thinking I believe orders should be filled by date ordered, period.  For those of you that ordered before me I believe you should have your orders fulfilled prior to me receiving mine.  

I am as anxious as everyone else to get my phone and am hoping for a glimmer of hope here.  So if you wouldn't mind can you please tell me when you ordered your phone and the date of shipping you were given?  If you have received your phone was it shipped to you within the shipping dates? Earlier or later?

Also does anyone have a timeframe for Lifeproof cases or Otterbox for iphone 6 plus?

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

Lifeproof is suppose to be coming out in November according to their website

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I ordered my and my husbands iPhone 6 plus 128 gb grey within 10 minutes of each other on 9/24 and have different ship dates. I have 11/3-11/12, which hasn't changed. He has 11/5-11/14, also hasn't changed. When I questioned att about the difference in days the woman told me they've been shopping 14-21 days. Here I am well over 14 days with no shipment to speak of. Very frustrating! Think I'll stick with Apple next time!

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

10 years ago

Ordered both in-store 9/30   1) iPhone 6 128Gb gold at first had 10/1 - 10/7 and preparing to ship...at midnight 10/7 status changed to back-ordered, no further information at this time. 

2)  iPhone 6 plus 128Gb space grey  current status: preparing to ship  11/7 - 11/18 unchanged since order.

At this rate we're just hoping to get them before the iPhone 7 is announced.  😞   Yeah, it's just a phone and life will go on, but AT&T's handling of the ordering and customer information pipeline ummm...well...let's just say that my opinions about the topic would not meet community guidelines.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

6 Plus Gold 16GB - Ordered 10:30am CST on 9/12

Expected Shipment: 10/31 to 11/11

Shipping Status: Preparing to Ship

6 Plus Space Gray 16GB -  Ordered 10:30am CST on 9/12

Expected Shipment: 10/31 to 11/11

Shipping Status: Preparing to Ship

I'm normally patient but this is getting ridiculous. I’ve spoken to multiple people that ordered their phones, which they've already recieved, after me. I also know that Verizon’s timeline for receiving new devices isn’t as long as AT&T’s either. Meanwhile, I just sit and watch the resale price of my current phone plummet. Like everyone else, I get that there’s a supply problem but the order in which these devices are being shipped seems random and the fairness seems questionable.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

My story:

1. 9/12 woke at 2 am my time to preorder.

2          9/13 received email there was a problem with my order and told to click on link. Link never worked. Because I have a biz account was told I had to wait til Monday during biz hours to call.

1. 9/15 called and was asked for my cc number again. For 2 days my order was in process. Told I would not be bumped out of line.
  2. 9/17 found out there was still a problem. ATT had old billing address for my card. Gave them correct address.
  3. 9/18 my ship date was changed to Nov 9-Nov 27 because now they say my order wasn't placed til the 18th, despite numerous cust. Service reps telling me I wouldn't lose my place.
  4. 2 weeks later, the credit card I used for my preorder was stolen and I received a new card from my bank.
  5. ATT said that when I gave them my new cc number I would ONCE AGAIN lose my place in line.

But wait, it gets worse.

1. Found exactly the Iphone 6 plus I wanted at Target with Verizon. Changing carriers, at this point, was fine with me.
  2. The Target guy walked out of the back with the phone, inputted my info, placed a phone call and said, "No problem with Verizon, but Target REFUSES to sell you this phone."
  3. He would not give me a reason and said there was no one for me to talk to. This was not about how I paid (we hadn't gotten that far). It was just that they would not sell to me.

I am not some kid trying to sell many phones on ebay. I'm a 59 yr old woman.

1. Store manager gave me number to an Indian call center. They told me they'd open my case. Why am I a case to begin with????

1. Same thing happened to my 67 yr old husband the next day....

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I ordered the iPhone 6 Plus ON THE FIRST DAY OF PRE ORDERS. My expected ship date? 10/31/14 - 11/11/14* 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I ordered mine on 9/23 and my expected ship date is10/31-11/11

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

Ordered 6+128 gb, gray on 9/20. Has said from day one that it's "preparing to ship", on 10/29-11/7. Called the 877 # and says it is back ordered.  Smiley Frustrated I  understand that Apple controls what carriers get, but AT&T should be proactive and let their customers know what is going on. With atleast 3 different ways to check status of order, why are there 3 different answers. If its all AT&T, then why the differences?  Very frustrated. Smiley MadSmiley Mad

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

10 years ago

I think we have a timid person at ATT representing us. I agree that is very frustrating. I have friends that ordered the same iPhone 6 plus space gray 64 GB, and they just got thier iPhone phones this week ordered at Verizon. Why is this? Cat LOL

Why do we for the same phone, to wait till November?

What does that mean?

It means that someone representting us at ATT is not making any noise for us.

In life it truely is the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

It appears Verizon has an agressive representative and we do not. 😞

I have my order in and yes it says November mid or end... Really?

Common ATT, get with the program!

Keep writing comments here. Why because it helps move things along, also it puts a history so next year if you get a new iPhone the marketing reps will see that we were not happy.

Maybe the timid person that is there now wont be next time. 

We deserve to be ahead or even with Verizon.

I think ATT has alot going for it.

So get with the program again ATT get us out of waiting for iPhone jail.

That is where we are, waiting and seeing our friends get thier new iPhones from competitors companies and us her left waiting with our generic email, expected delivery November.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

My 128 GB Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus order was placed/confirmed 3:30AM CST on 9/12.  At att.com/wirelessorderstatus expected ship date was 10/13 - 10/22, then changed to 10/2 - 10/13 a couple days later.  Less than a week ago expected ship date changed to "backordered".  AT&T assures me the expected ship date they show is 10/13 - 10/22.  [I hate the fact they can offer absolutely no explanations for any of it.]

My brother's 64 GB Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus estimated ship date was and stayed 10/13 - 10/22 yet his was in his hand by 10/1. 

The worst part of it all:

I preordered the EXACT same phone (128gb Grey 6+) via Verizon's website.  After new account credit check the order was placed three hours after my AT&T order.  I received this phone exactly one week after ordering.  I initially wanted to compare AT&T/Verizon reception in the oilfield, then cancel one of them.  I completed my 14-day Verizon trial period and decided I'd cancel Verizon and just wait for the AT&T phone.  Currently regretting that decision...

How can Verizon get this phone to me in a week, yet AT&T hasn't even shipped over a month later???

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.