For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Meatdog's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, March 31st, 2015 12:52 PM

I just moved from Verizon to ATT mobile and the 4G LTE is sooo much slower.

I just moved from Verizon to ATT mobile and the 4G LTE is sooo much slower.  What can I do to fix the slow speed?  I moved from an iPhone 6 at Verizon to an iPhone 6 at ATT.  The only thing that has changed is the service

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

are you using the same phone you used on verizon?  if so check your apn to make sure its right.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

This is a new iPhone 6 supplied by ATT, not the iPhone i used for Verizon.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

ok then thats not the problem.  I would call CS and trouble shoot with them.  Did no one tell you that your verizon iPhone 6 would fully work on ATT and it was unlocked by default?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

No, I was not told I could use my Verizon phone on the ATT network.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

you could have.  The best iphone 6/6+ to buy is a verizon one since it works on all us carriers.  They are easier to resell.

Sorry that no one told you that before you switched.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

ok then thats not the problem.  I would call CS and trouble shoot with them.  Did no one tell you that your verizon iPhone 6 would fully work on ATT and it was unlocked by default?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. But if you buy iPhone 6 directly from Verizon, it is "locked" to their network, and need to have Verizon to unlock phone.Smiley Surprised

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Meatdog

I’d be happy to help with this LTE speed concern! What speeds are you currently seeing on your device while connected to the LTE network? The average expected speeds are between 5Mbps – 12Mbps

Thanks,

Charise

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

the download speed i'm getting form OOKLA is 6.11 Mbps.  It's within the range your outlining but...I can open a page or video on Verizon in half the time.  It's very noticeable, disappointing and aggravating.   I use hotspot a lot for work and can't imagine it's going to work well for me.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

Make sure you do Speedtest a few different times of the day (over a couple days if possible).  Network congestion can greatly affect download speed.  I've gotten everywhere from 4 Mbps to 31 at the same location!  Although mostly above 13 Mbps.

Not saying you're wrong about the overall download speeds being poor.  Just pointing out to make sure you get a decent sample set before passing judgement.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@MR_SMiT wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. But if you buy iPhone 6 directly from Verizon, it is "locked" to their network, and need to have Verizon to unlock phone.Smiley Surprised

@MR_SMiT

verizon cant lock phones that have 700c block LTE in them its the law.  No verizon LTE phone has been locked.  All you have to do is slap a sim in the phone check the apn and your good to go.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6723243

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.