For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
beatrizelalu's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 23rd, 2019 10:53 AM

Found a reported lost iPhone

Hi, 

4 months ago I lost my iPhone X out of no where or should I say misplaced it. Was looking for it for days and wasn’t successful finding it. I reported it lost since I had the insurance and gave me a new phone. 4 months later, we were cleaning the entire house and found the phone under the sofa bed. I want to give it to my mom since she uses an old phone now. How can I unlock the phone and be able to use it again? I tried inserting a different sim and it’s not working. I need help with this. I don’t want to waste the phone since I paid a lot of money for it. Thank you so much. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

No, you can’t use it or unblacklist.   When you receive a replacement through insurance your original device was blacklisted and now belongs to the insurance company.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Well I had got my iPhone XR was stolen from Walmart so I had done a insurance claim and had got a replacement phone for the deductible of $168 but some time after it had been stolen my friend and family were contacted by people that had been sold my phone and when they realized that my iPhone XR was blocked from making or receiving any calls they then realized that the phone had been stolen and contacted my people that I had on my iPhone for my medical alert if something were to ever happen to me and my phone was found. So then they were very kind in returning my phone so I had called insurance company to see what I could have my deductible of $168 knocked of my bill if I were to give the replacement phone back and I was told no that I was already past my allowed time for a return and money back. How is that fair at all". How are we supposed to know when and if are phones will be returned when stolen not found.. It unfair and so not right but still want you to return to phone. And now I feel that is why my phone has been suspended due to hat issue not because amount owed because I have been able to make many scheduled payments when I wasn’t able to pay by the due date and have never had my iPhone shut off by since I’ve contacted the insurance company and At&t my iPhone has been suspended. Just mine n not the two other lines on the account. And I have in some way n somehow manage to always make sure some amount has been on the account and even at some point had it even paid up to date not owning anything. But since this only my iPhone XR is suspended from network use. Not fair at all.. something differently ain’t right the. But want me to lose out on the money I am having to pay for the insurance claim and still give them the replacement phone back. How is that right. It’s differently not.. thanks I will just keep the phone then and not let them make even more money off of it. Just crazy....

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

@mamalatosky74you no longer own that phone you can keep it but it will never work, just an fyi also asurion the insurance company and at&t are not affiliated other than passing on you insurance payment to them .if your car gets stolen and your insurance company buys you a new one and then later on the car is found do you believe you should be able to get the stolen car back and your deductible back? and your service by your own admission is shut off due to non payment, is it fair to have service and not pay?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.