For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Jay1962's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 23rd, 2016 2:00 AM

For the free iPhone 7 trade-in can the iphone 7 be purchased from Apple.com?

Im an existing ATT customer and my contract ended a month back. I am looking to upgrade to the free iPhone 7 by trading in my iPhone 6. I've always bought my phones from Apple.com and was wondering if I can purchase the iPhone 7 from Apple.com and still avail the promotion?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

I see nothing in the offer suggesting the traded in phone had to be bought from ATT. Your phone should qualify for the trade in.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

8 years ago

Yes, but, your essentially buying from ATT anyway.  You must buy the ATT version with Next installments...  And the phone is locked to ATT for the entire time.  You can't pay off and unlock, because credits cease if you end the Next agreement early.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1180261

IMG_4709.PNG

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I edited my question and description to be more clear. The question was where to purchase the iPhone 7 from. Can it be from Apple.com with att as provider with att next plan and then go to att store for the trade in offer.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

8 years ago

Yes.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I wanted to utilize this promotion today, and was told the promotion ended early (without any notifications to customers).  I am extremely unhappy with this type of customer treatment.  I spent time in the store as well as on the phone with customer service and was told they could not help me.  My only option now is to switch service providers (although I have been an ATT customer for several years). I've very disappointed with the level of customer service I've received.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm also very disappointed. I was told I could upgrade over the phone today Sep. 26, but when I received the contract it didn't not have the credit of $650.00 they would not honor it. Considering switching over to Another carrier.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I also experienced the same problem. I was misinformed by an AT&T representative that I could upgrade the phone until the 30th, so I went to an AT&T store today (Sep, 26th). Couldnt get the promotion as it ended yesterday. Was very disappointed and frustated with the way customer service handled things. I have been using AT&T from the start and I am not impressed. I am going to tell my friends and family to switch to another carrier. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

The same thing happenned to me today.  On September 22nd, an ATT emplyee told me that I had until the end of September to order iphone 7 for the trade in deal.  I tried to order today, September 26, and I was told the promotion ended on the 25th.  I have 5 phones with ATT and have been a customer since 2008.  I think I am going to switch to another carrier now.  I am currently in no contracts with ATT so I am able to switch.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.