For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
scrooziej's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, July 5th, 2014 4:14 AM

Erase all data and content on iPhone 5 with SIM card but no service

How do, or even can you, delete all data and content on a iPhone 5 with SIM card but no service?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@scrooziej wrote:
I tried that, but service has already been transferred to my new iPhone 5S, and the old one can't connect to the web.

Have you tried connecting to wifi when you are doing this?  It should only need the web connection so you can turn off Find My iPhone under iCloud, and I have done that with my old iPhone 4 more than once.  It still has my old SIM card in it, even though the service was moved to my iPhone 5 almost 2 years ago.  I just use it connected to the web via wifi and it works great for me.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I used a friends Wifi, turned off "Find My Phone", and then erased all content on the phone. IT WORKED! Thanks to all for your assistance in helping me with the resolution of my problem. God Bless.

> Please remove all email addresses if you forward email, and use BCC instead of TO or CC to prevent spammers!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@scrooziej wrote:

How do, or even can you, delete all data and content on a iPhone 5 with SIM card but no service?

ON your iPhone go to:

Settings->General->Reset

then select:

Erase All Content and Settings

That should do the same as connecting your iPhone to a computer with iTunes and selecting the "Restore" option within iTunes.  Once the process completes and the phone re-starts it should appear just like a new phone out of the box (software wise).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I tried that, but service has already been transferred to my new iPhone 5S, and the old one can't connect to the web.

> Please remove all email addresses if you forward email, and use BCC instead of TO or CC to prevent spammers!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I will try that tomorrow. I have a friend with wifi, but I have to drive into town. I live out in the country!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@scrooziej wrote:
I will try that tomorrow. I have a friend with wifi, but I have to drive into town. I live out in the country!

Another thing to be aware of is that if you have a Mobile SHare plan, then your new iPhone can enable the Mobile Hotspot feature and share it's cellular data connection as a wifi hotspot.  Using that your old iPhone can then connect to the web via wifi and you can do what you need without leaving home.  It may use a little more data than normal in doing it this way, but in a pinch, it will still work for you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings

But this way you can temporary erase data on iphone. To use some iphone data recovery tool can recover them back easily However, using Coolmuster iOS Eraser professional data eraser software, which allows you wipe everything from iphone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.